Deal or No Deal...?

So my sister lives in AZ and is moving into her boyfriends place and one of his neighbors has this for sale and I think it's pretty sweet, body looks ok from what I can see in the pics and it's been repainted but everything seems to be there for the most part. I don't know anything about these so any info is appreciated along with what you guys think it's worth and so forth, i'd be buying it for my wife so she could have her own Datsun for the whole family to fit in lol...

IMG_0590_zpsebjwjjjx.jpg

IMG_0362_zpsifhzvzam.jpg

IMG_4466_zpsebqsve44.jpg

IMG_5036_zpsszgak8pi.jpg

IMG_5059_zpsliart7fo.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG1888_zps62vnjcvm.jpg

IMG_2601_zpsl8jolyie.jpg

100MEDIAIMAG1885_zps1yhhl0ai.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG1887_zpsctajlfid.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro if it's a good deal just buy it. Being in Arizona for how ever long it should have no rust issues.if not I will give me the address right now.

I'm going to get more pics and a detailed inspection by her bf tomorrow. If I pass I will most def throw it out to anyone here

deal.......if hes not holding it hostage....on a side note, temp had stuck in full hot position

column shift as well!

Good observation I didn't see that :) well the temp part lol

what your feel on what he wants for it?

I don't think it's over priced and I think I could probably get it for less than what they are asking after all it is an obo, but I'm in the process of moving and renovating so I'm on the fence on getting another project at the moment

I'd find out a little bit about it before paying that much.. run and drive? Electrical issues? Braking/suspension problems?

That's what im trying to do, according to seller it drives but as someone stated earlier temp needle is stuck in H and it looks like it could have a blown head gasket...

find out more about it....im fairly sure parts are tough to get...even if it needs tons try to talk him down as you know this is a great place to find stuff.......

Do it.

and I have no idea if the temp hand being stuck at full means squat, something I noticed when looking at the oics

I should be getting more pics and details from my sister today so will see what happens, still looking around to do research but can't seem to find much about them. Hopefully it doesn't have any bad damage to it seems like it may be missing some trim, the wife is ok with getting it so we "may" be adding another car to our family...

Make sure everything on the outside is there, it's nearly impossible to find parts for these cars, Greg bought one for parts a few years back as I recall.

We have/had one around here for sale for several years, he wanted a lot of money for it, the problem he had was he kept advertising it as a Datson, I suggested he spell the Datsun name correctly, it came up a couple more times on craigslist, and I have not seen it come up since, maybe it was sold, I don't know, that was a few years ago now.

Another one came up in Canada recently(last year), Zchopper was considering buying it, it was the only one in the western half of Canada, I don't know if Zchopper bought it, but I don't think so, you could message him and ask.