JCCS 2015

Dirttrack510

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares.. bring your car(in ANY state) up for Canby and we'll welcome you with open arms. Hell, we'll even let you stay a few days, just cuz we appreciate the distance you've traveled.

I'm so down for Canby, BUT, I don't know if my car will be ready by then, and it'd be $500 for gas alone with my gas guzzling Mikuni goodness. I'd have to slap on a stock downdraft for the way up. I know, excuses excuses.

clownshoes.gif

I don't think I'd be able to drive at all with those.

So if a truck were to have 1 different colored body panel(front fender), but a lot of dents would it have a chance of getting in? I'd like to take my daily driver 78 620, because for now that's the only Datsun I have. And I live close enough, and I know it could make it there in one piece  :thumbup:

We are DRIVEN.....ON A TRAILER  :devil:   :devil:   :devil:   :devil:

"Datsun, buy it for the long run!" so I did! Bought my 1967 RL411 on 19 March 1968 and am still driving it. It helps that the glove box manual contains wiring diagram schematics and alignment proceedures for the Hitachi SU carbs and the Tech data on the dimensions and fluids etc.! Don't get anywhere close to the amount of really useful info in what passes for the Owner Info pulp in today's glove boxes!

• Like 1

datsunfreak, That is true buts originally paint in pretty good shape since it was protected by primer for nearly 20 years, so I don't know if I could bring myself to it yet. Although I did find a color that was pretty close. I used the color for a inner tailgate panel from a 79 kc, except its on my 78 regular cab. Its a nice addition for loading/unloading

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, but I just went to their site and it says they are going to be more strict about what cars are allowed in, it reads that there will be no more mismatched body panels, primered cars, or cars with body damage/rust. I guess I better get one of my Dattos cleaned up and painted. My truck may be a little bit of a challenge. :crying: My ol' reliable "Project parts Resurrection" car may be my best bet, as I have already done most of the body repairs and just need to clean up some welded panels and ding/dent repairs, then paint it. :frantics:

If the whole unpainted...primed/dented cars aren't getting in.......that would mean most of this Northern Cali crew/Datslocos crew would not make it in......

I would hate to drive all the way down to get rejected becuz some upety fuck likes shiny things........

Need more details before signing up.....

I know, excuses excuses.

.......you said it.

• Like 1

Someone said there is cool stuff in parking lot , that's BS. last year a tram would give rides from a parking lot somewhere else (I did not attend ) , I prefer to have an ice chest in my car for some beverages and food where I can walk to my car and eat , so I am out again this year too much ! we need a bigger event location !

• 2 months later...

another reason no piecers allowed

jccs_mazda0006.jpg

also, the issue that pops up every year the "unfair" awards/trophies...

guys try not to get uptight over the results since the show is for strictly for fun--aka not a high stakes, "real" competition car show (if you didn't already know)

• Like 1

So what your saying is we don't need to pull off all our wheels, And put mirrors under it. Oh and put dead dummies in our cars.  Like at Nissan Jam..... 

• Like 2

If there is limited space for cars and spectators have to pay then the organizers have a responsibility to be selective and put on the best show they can for the spectators and sponsors.

This ain't Candy

• Like 2