My new 510 wagon

DatsunFlyer

Hi guys, 

I’m new to this forum and to the Datsun world. I just bought my first Datsun 510 wagon after looking for almost a year and have fallen in love with it. I bought it on valentines day and from there took her to my trusted car shop. They looked over it, we got new tires, add a coolant system, and realigned the car. My plan is to restore the car as much as possible with occasionally modifications. So far I have taken out the old carpet and have some new carpet coming. I will post pictures of her below. If you have any advice on where to start next, or what to do it is much appreciated. I am not very knowledgable yet but I a very excited to learn.  

Heres a link to the photos: 

http://s356.photobucket.com/user/roshardt4/profile/

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I bought this car off of craiglist. The previous owner had put on the weber carb and the shoulder seat belts when in the car before. It is a 71' goon. I want to try and start getting some of the rust out of the car. There isn't any major rust, mostly just surface. the engine and tranny are in good condition for the most part. I want to give her a suspension upgrade for a smoother ride. Any suggestions? 

Wow. Nice find. I picked that up out of an impound yard back in 06. Decent car. But don't take the front fenders off. It's a little rusty under there. I called it the Crack wagon. Some Crack head owned it before it was impounded. You don't even know what kind of shit I found in there.

Good luck with the build.oh yeah it did win 3rd place best 510 at jccs back on 06.

That Z in the back ground is one bad ass MO FO. Full cage, custom tube lower control arms. Just needs some love.

Been sitting since 2009. As soon as I get my wagon back on the road the Z is next in line.

• Like 1

The chrome trim around the windows, not the windshield of back windows but the sides. Is there a way to take that off without damaging the chrome? Ive heard some snap in and out I just don't want to use to much force and break it. And can you buy that chrome pretty easily if it does break? 

That Z in the back ground is one bad ass MO FO. Full cage, custom tube lower control arms. Just needs some love.

Been sitting since 2009. As soon as I get my wagon back on the road the Z is next in line.

2009? Can't let the baby sit for 6 years. She looks lonely back in the corner. :console:

The chrome trim or drip rail will come off. Not a good idea to take it off. If by chance you do bend or break it your not going to find new replacement's< You might find some old used one's.

Why would you want to take them off. You going to paint the car?

The chrome trim or drip rail will come off. Not a good idea to take it off. If by chance you do bend or break it your not going to find new replacement's< You might find some old used one's.

Why would you want to take them off. You going to paint the car?

Imo I'd mask them off really well and paint around if you're going to paint. I'm painting my car the same color so I just plan to do that lol

Not hard to remove, but REALLY easy to bend them.  If you want to polish them, I'd put some blue tape around the paint and buff them out with a small polish wheel on a drill or a die grinder while they are on the car.  Just my $.02 

Take them off I took mine off and it's not hard to do,again like datrod said if your going to paint if not just leave them on.