What Struts are these?

fisch

Can you guys tell what struts these are by these photos? On my 510 wagon. THe PO says they aren't stock, but doesn't know what they are. And they are so long the turn my 510 into a 4X4.

I don't know enough about suspension to tell if he means the inserts and springs are longer than stock, but the rest of the assembly (Strut tube, hub, rotor brakes) is 510, or if they came from another car all together to the brakes and hubs.

Judging the wheels, maybe they were after that jacked up nose drag car look? But nothing else about the wagon is a Dragon!

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

This shows the brake caliper. Stock?

IMG_1620.jpg

Mile high!

IMG_1533.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks stock to me... Dont know why anyone would swap a to another non-vented rotor...

My thought too. Doing some reading it looks like some folks do add longer strut inserts and springs to raise it up. Too bad, cause these look all pretty.

I think 280ZX is in my future, just wondered if I could get this back to earth in the meantime. I've never drivin a totally stock 510. Might be fun to see what it is like. Or at least make me appreciate the upgrade down the road more!

Looks like it was getting set up for the drag strip. Is the motor still on the chassis?

Love the color, but still will need some more of that Fisch art attitude.

It is totally stock with a newly rebuilt L16 and 4-speed. That is not to say it its passed life it wasn't a drag car. It was off the road for quite a while. Maybe it was kept busy! I will try to get a shot of the hubs tomorrow. Man it is cold out there. Hitting -13 tonight and no heat in the garage! And that isn't windchill.

IMG_1620.jpg

That style caliper with the clip on cover and the angled pads was used on most if not all disc brake 510s.  

They were also used through '74 on the 610 hard top and the 710 sedan and goons. My '74 has them. They aren't used after '74 so not S10 or A10

"That style caliper with the clip on cover and the angled pads was used on most if not all disc brake 510s.  

They were also used through '74 on the 610 hard top and the 710 sedan and goons. My '74 has them. They aren't used after '74 so not S10 or A10"

And the 1967 RL411!  Orphans but Goodies!