Smog questions

BeachKidd

You're bailing?

on what?

This is a Z22 block. Only the very late '70s had the smaller oil filter boss with the 4 bolt holes in them. Luckily the zx L28 block was the same as the Z22.

funny you should say that 'cause the L16 that came in 'Ol Yella had the same boss as the Z22/L28

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was going by your statement you couldn't find an adapter for you block. I have no idea what block you have. Never seen an L16 block with the 4 bolt holes around the oil filter boss.

I've never found an adapter that fit the block. He got his smog answers so we're just using this thread to exercise the oil cooler adapter demons.

I have no idea what block you have. Never seen an L16 block with the 4 bolt holes around the oil filter boss.

I have a Z22 with the four hole boss.

I had to downsize when I left for school so I ditched the block at Goodwill but it was an L16 with the same boss. I thought of you the minute I saw it.

Was going by your statement you couldn't find an adapter for you block. I have no idea what block you have. Never seen an L16 block with the 4 bolt holes around the oil filter boss.

This is an L16 I have:

L16-2.JPG

L16-3.JPG

It's a 1980s vintage crate motor (the 2 dipsticks are a dead giveaway) .  Note the newer-type PCV outlet and the (blank) serial plate on the manifold side of the engine, denoting that it's a NAPS-Z type casting machined as an L16 (the serial number over the oil filter side says L16).

• Like 1