Source for Replacement 320 Clutch Cylinder Hose ??

difrangia

Anyone have an interchange flex hose part number for the clutch slave Cylinder? I've found one that is five inches longer (17" compared to the 12" original).

Won't need for a bit but starting the search early.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keith,

That's my backup plan if I can't nail down a dimensional replacement or interchange. RockAuto lists a hose for the 520 for $10. Cheap enuf if it'll interchange.

I'll get some photos of my old hose and post. I know it's 12" long, has 3/8-24 male fitting with copper washer for the cylinder end and on the top end it has female 3/8-24 flare internal thread and 5/8-18 outside thread for securing in the bracket on the frame beside the starter.

Steve

• Like 1

That's exactly what I had bought many years ago, and it was a Chevy application. Same length, same threads including the 5/8 bulkhead.

I don't remember the exact application, it was so many years ago. Also I searched Rockauto yesterday and came up with nothing.

• Like 1

In the past I have taken obsolete brake hoses to a Hydraulic Hose store and had them make em. 

I use:

The Hose Advantage Store West
Contact Dave Bledsoe
Phone: 602-233-9910

Here is Parker Hose Main Web Site for location:

http://www.parker.com/portal/site/PARKER/menuitem.223a4a3cce02eb6315731910237ad1ca/?vgnextoid=f92caf5c6f65e210VgnVCM10000048021dacRCRD&vgnextfmt=default&vgnextfmt=EN

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a decent photo of the old clutch hose from the 320 today.

Clutch%20Hose%205-8-18%20X%203-8-24%20X%

Big end is 5/8-18 outside thread and 3/8-24 flare fitting internal thread. Small end is 3/8-24 thread with a copper washer that seals against the slave cylinder forward edge. The hose length is 12" If anyone has a used or new hose from the 520 pickup in their stash and could check and see if these dimensions look to be the same, I'd appreciate a heads-up. I can order a 520 hose from RockAuto. Thanks

Steve

• Like 1

Got a decent photo of the old clutch hose from the 320 today.

Clutch%20Hose%205-8-18%20X%203-8-24%20X%

Big end is 5/8-18 outside thread and 3/8-24 flare fitting internal thread. Small end is 3/8-24 thread with a copper washer that seals against the slave cylinder forward edge. The hose length is 12" If anyone has a used or new hose from the 520 pickup in their stash and could check and see if these dimensions look to be the same, I'd appreciate a heads-up. I can order a 520 hose from RockAuto. Thanks

Steve

Steve, I keep saying it, the hoses I got from the auto parts store a decade ago for the unknown Chevy (?) application, are exactly like those. I wouldn't have bought them if they weren't. I didn't have an application in mind when I went in to buy them. I brought a stock one in and the counter guy picked one out of the book by looking at the pictures.

• Like 1

Steve, I keep saying it, the hoses I got from the auto parts store a decade ago for the unknown Chevy (?) application, are exactly like those. I wouldn't have bought them if they weren't. I didn't have an application in mind when I went in to buy them. I brought a stock one in and the counter guy picked one out of the book by looking at the pictures.

Yeah, I know a hose is out there that will work with little or NO adapting. I've only been to one local parts store and they came up with this one that has correct ends but is 5" longer. It would work but there is probably a closer one out there. Still looking. Here's the one I found so far. I've forgotten but I believe it is Bendix brand.

Clutch%20Hose%20Possibility_zpsckrkxzej.

• Like 1

Hey I can make this hose , stock or stainless if you have a problem getting it , also due to old steel lines corrode , sometimes I make a stainless one piece from master to slave ,check it out in classifieds I can make any hose you need , my # is on there thanks Brad.

• Like 1

Yeah, I know a hose is out there that will work with little or NO adapting. I've only been to one local parts store and they came up with this one that has correct ends but is 5" longer. It would work but there is probably a closer one out there. Still looking. Here's the one I found so far. I've forgotten but I believe it is Bendix brand.

Clutch%20Hose%20Possibility_zpsckrkxzej.

Understood. Good luck. If you do find the right one, post it here for future reference.

• Like 1

I stock 5/8 bulkhead 3/8 inv. fitting can make NOS 20.$ or stainless hose for aa faster clutch pedal , that brake hose is early Chevy if you want it from Napa a little long , If you were going to Datsun swap I could make it and meet you out there or mail it again if you need it I can make it .

• Like 2

I have learned to use Aeroquip hose and reusable ends for the trail rigs. They are easy to repair if need be. I also heat shrink the blue Aeroquip hose for added protection and that OEM look.

I do love the look of a custom hose though. It's attention to detail that separates the professional builds from the rest.

Small_Pics_2_54_zps8011f2af.jpg

Small_Pics_2_57_zpsccb4c85e.jpg

• Like 1

Here is the hose that Brad at:

hosestop@msn.com

made me from the dimensions and photos in this thread.

Clutch%20Hose%20Old%20amp%20New_zpsmwmyz

A perfect match delivered in my mailbox for just over $20. I'm 'Small Town' and we don't have a good affordable local hose maker, so I'll be calling on these guys again. Thanks, Brad.

• Like 2