72 datsun 521

crafty1

hi, I just purchase a nice 72 datsun 521.. issue is the cig lighter.  it is unplugged, anybody have any photos of what wire supposed to be connected to the back of the lighter?  I think its a blue wire, but it looks like its missing a fuse.. if there is a fuse there, if that is the wire that supposed to be connected.  I'd like to see some pics of the wire that supposed to be connected.  and if it is that wire, which I'm guessing I'd have to cut and replace with a new wire, what gage is that wire?

thx

• Like 2
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun crafty. It may be disconnected because it is blowing the fuse. IIRC the 521 lighter is ON all the time and does not require the key on. Our resident 521 expert wayno will know. Again welcome and post some pictures of your truck.

• Like 1

Welcome to Ratsun , Nice taste in trucks , many of us love em ! 

We can never seem to get enough pictures around here ,

So I will make you a deal , I will post pictures of the underside of the dash and wiring . But you have to post a picture of you truck , and share some more info and your sweet 72, 

• Like 2

12volts all the time on it.

will use a Common fuse I belive(on the fuse box if its listed that way. this mean door /dome light ect......

since your a newbie most 521 proplem are near or around the fuse box as corrossion the most likely issue. so if you have proplem look there no need to cut and resplice wires as if everything is working then dont its there.

olddatsuns.com the tech section save that link!!!!!!!

• Like 2