any leads on a 410?

CEL3

I have looked on ebay and craigslist and even other car sales sites and can't find a 410 anywhere. Anyone know of any for sale around va or nc? I'm afraid there are none even close

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a 411 in Oakland, CA on Craigslist the other day for $1500, needing a carb kit and, seemingly, not running. It was snapped up within a day. I suggest you set up a Google Alert so that you can get an email when any 411 goes up on Craigslist. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to keep looking. Just sucks I'm on the other side of the country. Lol I'm going to join the group

Tana (here in Washington State) sold her 410 sedan to a guy in Ontario, Canada. Ya just gotta add shipping costs to your buying budget.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Not to be a dick, but I live in Hawaii and bought my barn find 410 wagon in SoCal and paid over $1k to ship it over in a boat. But I really wanted a project wagon, and Hawaii has practically none... The wagon above is probably out of most of our price ranges, but if you start pricing ball joints, engine rebuild, body work, paint and upholstery and the 100's of $50 trips to the hardware store... Not really too crazy. But good luck with the hunt!!

• Like 1

There were not very many 410's made but there were many more 411's of both type (1300 and the 1600) so you would be better off looking for a 411.  They do pup up sometimes as the folks here found some. As they said, you have to be fast as decent ones go quickly.  You pay have to pay for shipping unless you want to trailer one home. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen quite a few in Baja. TJ, and even a few in San Diego. A white wagon in Chula Vista. Imperial county has one out by a farm. I always got my DAT RADAR on. Just wish I had the cash!

Problem?  This buyer is in Virginia!  And the shipping costs of a decent 410 or 411 from any possible rust less location is probably more that he expected to pay for a 48 or 50 year old car. Market price is driven by the combination of buyer desire and product supply.  The 410s and 411s were never what the USA market would consider a very profitable buyer market when they were introduced so the supply is inherently limited.

It's fairly obvious he should just move to the Left Coast if he is serious about getting a 410. In fact, just let him move into the garage and lend him some tools while you're at it.....

Cel3

i understand the frustration looking for a 411 but you can get any car shipped coast to coast now for less than you used to with the new "u ship" website. Ive been using it and it is amazingly cheap. just takes time to find the right transport to piggy back onto.

you gotta step up if you want to score a 410 /411 , they arent driving down the street much anymore. swedishcadillac is correct.

Anyway I might have a lead on a numbers matching and totally original SSS version 1967 411 w/ low miles , very clean and totally corrosion free. Its probably going to go for about 7-9K when it comes up.

the cars have tripled in the last 3 years according to the Hagerty Registry. PM me if you need any help

If you want something totally a project there is a guy on Ratsun on Facebook Joey Gossens that has 3 of them at pretty good deals. I was going to get them but life got in the way.

Neely

Here's a RL411 on eBay. Around 9 hours left in the auction. Has a cracked windshield, though: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Other-SSS-/231516349975?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35e7732617&item=231516349975

$_12.JPG

The correct windshield, and especially the rubber windshields shields may well cost more that what you want to pay for the car!

• 2 weeks later...