Hopefully saved another KC

qwik510

Dragged this one home yesterday. Another CL find. Where are they all coming from? The guy that had this one lost his storage. He was gonna sell it for scrap. I got there just in time.

The left rear drum was locked up but after dragging it for about 100 yards, it free'd up. A bit rusty but a very straight old truck.

074F7DD0-B896-4F23-B71F-FBAD84319699_zps

More pics to come once it warms up a bit. Too cold today. Windchill in the single digits.

Two new Datsuns in a week. And a vintage Kawasaki. Starting off as a good year for saving old datsuns.

C11BFDB5-362D-4225-BF46-0F2556947DBF_zps

05F1D6F7-8B24-477B-8049-A1CF8CE78ADF_zps

• Like 3
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cool save , 620 will always be my favorite .

, I thought everyone on the east coast was covered in snow ?

We got lucky. Only got a couple inches the week before last. It all melted. Then we got another couple inches last night. Nice dry pocket last week to snag some Datsuns.

It's bitter cold now. 17 degrees today with high winds. Windchill is 2 degrees. Overnight low temp will be 6 degrees. High tomorrow 20.

Burrrrr

Not liking winter this year.

• Like 1

We got lucky. Only got a couple inches the week before last. It all melted. Then we got another couple inches last night. Nice dry pocket last week to snag some Datsuns.

It's bitter cold now. 17 degrees today with high winds. Windchill is 2 degrees. Overnight low temp will be 6 degrees. High tomorrow 20.

Burrrrr

Not liking winter this year.

damn. and i have to work on my datto with shorts and flipflops on.......

• Like 1

think the bike is the best deal out of that bunch

Yep. It is pretty nice. Too bad the tank has multiple dents. But it can be fixed.

I sold the bike to a buddy of mine today. He fell in love with it when I showed it to him. He will do it justice and I have too many projects anyway. Bye bye Kawi.

• 4 weeks later...

This King cab will be saved. It went to its new home today. Only 20 minutes from my place. The new owner is not on Ratsun (yet) but he is gonna build a ratsun from it. He absolutely loves the patina and plans to power wash the truck and then spray it with a clear coat in satin finish. It will get slammed and some bigger wheels and tires. He says he'll try to get the L20 going but wants an SR in the future.

We shall see. We towed it to his place in the rain today. I loaned him my dolly to get it home and followed him so I could bring the dolly back.

5BA3A68B-4478-40F7-A9E5-22E6FEE28F1A_zps