1981 720 CARBURETOR VACUUM LINES

BLUEBIRDSSS

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The PCV is a spring loaded one way valve. Goes into the intake but can't go out and back to the block. This is to prevent a backfire in the intake getting to any accumulated fumes in the block. If it getting past the PCV then it needs replacing. All turbo engines run PCV valves.

Welcome BluebirdSSS.  On my 80 and 86 there is a vacuum diagram under the hood.  I have factory service manuals for the 80, 85, 86 720s.  Unfortunately I do not have the year you are needing.  Also is your truck Federal or California emissions.

Sorry about Nzzospeed's hijack of your thread.  Surprised Datzenmike did not respond to you.

if i remember correctly i had to look at both diagrams under the hood and in my haynes.  there was something missing in one of the diagrams... most likely the haynes.  anyway if you need an a/b valve it's also known as a diverter valve.  and if you need a thermal vacuum valve rockauto has it under  + ELECTRICAL-SWITCH RELAY  + PORTED VACUUM SWITCH.  don't ask me why.  i had fun working on vac lines and emissions.  good luck.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

i apologize for late reply thank you all for all the great help i got it running now, but I have  another issue in the back of the carburetor there's a plug that comes for the electric choke. whoever had this truck before ran that plug directly to the battery  .I'm missing the female part of the plug.   does anyone out  there can help me with either a picture to see where the female  plug comes from. it was cut i guess form the previous owner. i really appreciate every ones help.I'm new at this.thank you so much.

• Like 1

The choke will be on all the time and kill the battery over night. Better to splice it to the Red idle cur solenoid wire beside it. The idle cut is only on when the ignition is on and will prevent the battery dying.

• Like 1