we made a new kind of boat

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job, I love it and best wishes with the new facility

But because of you the Chinese are now monitoring this site and copying everything we make on here

True, but they can't ship it here, and beat our price. Nobody wants a rotomolded pos that smells like Chinese boy sweat anyway, lol

• Like 3

IMG_20150605_192002.jpg

I'm such a bad photographer, you can see a bit of the new black seat for my boat. Played on the river all day, even with big wind, less standboard friendly, I did a bit, to see it could be done, but I used the hell out of my new black seat. I had to do my work day after all that, just finished, and thought I'd give you good folks an update before I collapsed.

• Like 1

go pro on a river?

Challenge, accepted :)

It would be nice to get it out of this crazy Columbia, and into some predictable whitewater, lol. With the current, tide, mostly eve. Itryone's wakes, it gets crazy. Been trying to drop it in the clackamus for a nice barton to carver since boat 1.

Hey, for the record, I tried like hell to deliver the requested video today, but we're having the release party (not nearly as fun as it sounds) the 20th, my 521 is looking at me like it knows I should be getting it ready for canby, but our ready weekend is that weekend, and I'm afraid that the video will be of a sad guy that wants to share tech info with Datsun fanatics. I'll bring it, but I just wanted to whine to see people that understand what I have to put aside for this boat. I just need moar hours in the day.

You know what you need to do?

Create a catchy video somewhat similar to the Red Bull "Welcome to Planet Earth" videos with some HD GoPro footage to really sell this. I see this being a HUGE hit with water sport enthusiast.

Happy for you. Play your cards right and you're set for life.

You need something like this! (Maybe without the shitty music......)

• Like 2

We are getting some hot women together to show off the boat. We will make sure to get video, that's a great idea. We built a couple boats today at the OC shop. Boats 13 and 14. We have 4 different design styles, 3 are being done now, and will be ready for the product release party.

IMG_20150611_133058.jpg

Dropped off our pattern to get a die made and the foot grips, they also will be ready for the party :)

Not much left to do to be ready to sell this boat :D

This means we can get a group together to play on the water, and not be missing any of these important steps. Very soon, anyway...

Somehow I just now noticed that (at least from that angle) it sort of looks like a lobster...     ^_^

We noticed, there will be a lobster boat, and an orca. Not to mention the one with the front pontoons done up like "breasts" with hands cupping them. "Support the ta tas" :)

got pic of the woodgrain looking paint one?

IMG_20150617_203313.jpg

I don't have any more pics of the criss craft from yesterday, but here's one of it naked, when we first picked it up.. I didn't get a pic of the bomber one either, sorry guys, it got crazy busy last night.

• Like 2