we made a new kind of boat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say you patent it ..that's if you haven't. Some one might steal your idea and become rich ..

We're patent pending ATM, so we have a little safe time before we have to do the whole patent, but with the response we got, we're probably going to just do the whole patent after a few sales.

You might want to talk to your lawyer about publicizing it like this. It's possible that this type of public discussion has started a countdown during which you have to file your patent or risk it being considered invalid. Just a friendly heads up

You might want to talk to your lawyer about publicizing it like this. It's possible that this type of public discussion has started a countdown during which you have to file your patent or risk it being considered invalid. Just a friendly heads up

Thanks, we are on top of that though.

IMG_20150513_134004.jpg

This is my boat, I went black for accessories, like storm trooper look, I always liked that, I'm thinking black cargo net on the back for the life jacket and whistle, maybe eventually a fishing pole holder, and its done :)

The lines are slick. And the shape looks good. But I question the deck lines. I'm thinking a flat deck behind the captains chair would be very helpful for any accessories that I may wish to carry. Such as a cooler or tackle box. Just a thought.

• Like 1

The lines are slick. And the shape looks good. But I question the deck lines. I'm thinking a flat deck behind the captains chair would be very helpful for any accessories that I may wish to carry. Such as a cooler or tackle box. Just a thought.

We have a plan for the rear section, but so far, it's a secret...

• 2 weeks later...

imagejpeg_2_14.jpg

My boat is back in the water, both port holes installed, 2 fish nets and vinyl hammers of thor are in the mail, i just hope the boat looks half as sick as i envision it in my mind. I got all the accessories made in usa too, so still a 100% usa product. For some reason, photo bucket stopped letting me upload, it says it will, but doesn't, so I can't show the boat with the port holes.

• Like 1

Sorry if this was already covered, but what's the weight limit on it?

It will float 600lbs, but of course would be a lot less sporty. The sponsors wouldn't plane up right for cruising, we think 300lbs or less would work better.

It will float 600lbs, but of course would be a lot less sporty. The sponsors wouldn't plane up right for cruising, we think 300lbs or less would work better.

I'm at about 275 now, trying to get down to 240ish by the end of the year. I really dig this design, so thought I'd better ask first.    ^_^

• Like 1