The ratty/low/back to life/u.s.s/daily/ka24de 521 thread

datson4life

When i got it there was absolutely no movement, its was forced on, had to pry off the driveline, got it shortened 3\4 inch

Update: i tightened the big bolt on the diff, added oil, drove it, noise went down, so far so good, im hoping to make it to the show tomorrow

• Like 2
  • Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the way to measure your drive line.  You can take your driveline, this measurement, and this example  to any driveline shop and they can tell if your driveline is the correct length.  Check your pinion angle your next problem might be the tail shaft of your transmission exploding.

figure5.jpg

• Like 3

This just happened, diff went boom on freeway

CAM03937_zpssg7sitvz.jpg

Dragged driveline for a little bit, glad i didnt loose it, its fresh, but might of damaged it :-\

I promise to not neglect signs of danger anymore lol, gonna move on to red truck, using some of green truck's setup, gonna take it slow, and gonna narrow a pathfider or xterra lsd this time lol

No trash against h190 axles, they hold up good, this one is killing them cause axle angle from lowering is way off, ka has racing clutch and solid mounts, im surprise it held up for a week

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...