The ratty/low/back to life/u.s.s/daily/ka24de 521 thread

datson4life

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well i havent been able to get this thing running yet. This megasquirt and bluetooth stuff is too advanced. Got it as far as starting and idling rought. Now waiting on some buddies who are more experienced to come thru and tune it. But as of now i wanna sell it to pick and pull and buy a geo metro just to get to work....bare with me

• Like 3

Well i havent been able to get this thing running yet. This megasquirt and bluetooth stuff is too advanced. Got it as far as starting and idling rought. Now waiting on some buddies who are more experienced to come thru and tune it. But as of now i wanna sell it to pick and pull and buy a geo metro just to get to work....bare with me

Really ? Go to mega squirts website and download a tune already up loaded. There is got to be a KA one in there?

• Like 1

Pick & pull will not give you any tning for the truck and it will end up crushed.  Sell it out right get more money so when the Geo Metro brakes down you have money to put down on a real car!  LOL

Here is a link to downloadable base Megasquirt tunes.  Scroll Down to find Nissan.  There are 2 available.  I would download both and try both settling for the base tune you like best.

http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/mspnp2_maps.php

Google search is your friend.

DO NOT SCRAP THIS TRUCK!!!

• Like 2

I wont scrap it lol tho i feel like it. My frustration comes from only having about an hour a week to work on it, ibe had some vacation days recently but spent them helping my dad. Also my harness is pretty hacked, gonna swap that out asap, and ive been unsuccesfull to get into the program msdroid via bluetooth, and ive been borrowing my moms sequoia cause my wife crashed 2 cars in the past 2 months, so things just adding up lol. But its closer than ever and i havent lost hope

• Like 2

You get frustrated walk away and leave it alone for a while.  The wiring harnesses on these old 521 are simple.  I use 1980 720 L20b harnesses and adapt them to fit.  It is a lot of work and this is not for some one with no wiring knowledge.

• Like 1

You get frustrated walk away and leave it alone for a while. The wiring harnesses on these old 521 are simple. I use 1980 720 L20b harnesses and adapt them to fit. It is a lot of work and this is not for some one with no wiring knowledge.

I meant the harness for the engine. Ive been finding alot of issues with it, previous owners cut into many wires for no reason etc

• Like 1

doh..

well in that case.. I believe there is a diagram on here somewhere that shows all the wires you can remove. Which could help you perhaps.

I think Uberkevin did this.. and a few others. Just remove all the extra, then focus on what needs patched up?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Finally moving under its own power

IMG_20170218_191920_592_zpsif3isqe3.jpg

Still gotta adjust timing. And its idling at 1.5k. But brakes feel great surprisingly with the stock master cylinder pushing 10 pistons. I have a dual reservoir but ill do that another weekend. Also, ditched the itbs idea. The megasquirt is a level too advanced for me. Will get on itbs again in the future. As for now i need it to daily to work 3 miles lol

• Like 6

Good to hear you got this thing running. I feel your frustration.

Last year when I was trying to get my truck running for the first time after its resurrection I was taking the fucking bus to get I work, and the mile+ walk from the bus stop, for a couple weeks. Also missed a show because it was having trouble. Been daily driving it ever since.

• Like 2

Finally moving under its own powerIMG_20170218_191920_592_zpsif3isqe3.jpg

Still gotta adjust timing. And its idling at 1.5k. But brakes feel great surprisingly with the stock master cylinder pushing 10 pistons. I have a dual reservoir but ill do that another weekend. Also, ditched the itbs idea. The megasquirt is a level too advanced for me. Will get on itbs again in the future. As for now i need it to daily to work 3 miles lol

I might be able to help you with itb's.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...