brake booster 71 datsun 510

Datsun510Boy

changed my master cylinder turns out a have a vacuum leak in my power brake booster i have a 71 Datsun 510 54da6502-9acc-4d74-b6bb-db0fcd7f621c.png

This is a Picture and specs of the master cylinder anyone know what kind and where to find a compatible Brake booster

image2-2.jpeg

this is a Picture of my current Brake booster any advise ? do i grab one from a 240z or what ?

• Like 1
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Search is your friend. Lots of people have these. It will run you about $100 for the whole setup. Even cheaper if you don't buy another setup with the front and rear spacers. 

If you do buy one with the front and rear spacers.. you can sell them for $$$$.

• Like 1

Search is your friend. Lots of people have these. It will run you about $100 for the whole setup. Even cheaper if you don't buy another setup with the front and rear spacers. 

If you do buy one with the front and rear spacers.. you can sell them for $$$$.

good idea i can save some money right i see they're cheaper without the spacers.

@Draker so don't buy the setup with the spacers and use the spacers from the one thats busted ? 

@Draker so don't buy the setup with the spacers and use the spacers from the one thats busted ? 

• Like 1

Anything that reduces driver effort and fatigue is good. Remember, the master cylinder was matched to pads and tires from 45 years ago. Today these pads and tires have much better traction and grip so they can safely stop you much faster. Only makes sense to improve the master cylinder output pressure too. 

• Like 1

What you have is a B210 4" booster and spacers the 620 early booster is 4" but the studs on the backside of the 620 early booster are to short to go through the aluminum spacer.  The back aluminum spacer provides needed clearance for the booster to clear the clutch master cylinder.  This is the only booster that fits this application.  I do not remember what year B210 had this booster setup, I am guess 1979 to 1981 but I am not sure.  I have a complete booster and spacer setup in my garage.

On Rock Auto there is a service where you can send your booster in and they will rebuild it and send it back to you.  I believe it is around $65 plus shipping both ways.   This is your best chance to get a rebuilt one, unless you get lucky and find one on s shelf some where.  Be sure to take off your spacers if you ship it in for rebuild, you will not get them back.

Napa shores a special order booster for around $100 but he pictures of it do not look correct.  Rock auto shows a couple of boosters but I can not tell if these are correct either.  these to listings are for a 79 to 81 B210.

This is an early 620 4" booster setup.

DSC01784.jpg

These are pictures of one I sold a while back.

DSC01479_zpsc98272b0.jpg

DSC01478_zps793dc252.jpg

DSC01480_zps6207659f.jpg

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...