Finally got back into Datsuns.

spdcrazy

New updates, truck is running well. Got a slight coolant leak I need to track down. Coming from the water outlet somewhere.

Flipped the second leaf and added air shocks in the rear. Plastidipped my blazer wheels and attempted to pinstripe the lip (failed at that).

Scored some YOA 1971 plates. A three bar grill. And a super retro spherical air tank that I want to mount in the be after I polish it and rebuild it

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here is s bump from the dead. driving my 521 on the daily. had it dropped as low as I could, then raised it back up a bit. so now i'd say im 5-6in lower than factory. cleaned up my stock wheels and painted them bronze. polished up the caps and installed. tucks fender all around and i'm very happy with the setup. still need to cut the shock mounts up from for more travel but it rides well.

got a wink mirror installed, my wood grain steering wheel, and my "Respect your Elders" sticker on the back window.

also upgraded to a three core radiator, a spal electric fan, and ran new exhaust. its all tucked up above the frame, and turned out in front of the rear tire on the passenger side. also installed some factory taillights, and a small led bar in the back for better reverse lights.

I have a few trick things planned but those details will have to wait until they are complete.

• Like 1

just a stock type tire thats USA made and about 55$ apc.  They had free shipping just a couple days ago from my email list.

I dont like Les Swab as they sell Chinese tires. I dont like Chinese tire getting pushed ,Cause I need it now.

If your tires are fine dont worry about it but rather spend it for USA made goods if possibel( I know its a Jap truck) but We all can make America great again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

haven't updated this in a long long time. so here is a few things I've done recently.

blown up the l20b, installed a rebuilt short block l20b 30 over

got the open chamber A87 head reworked, new 1mm oversized intake valves, bowl blend, mile port job

port matched intake

5spd trans

webber 38/38

mklotz 2in Z'ed control arms.

removed all bump stops

added air shocks in the rear

installed oem 521 tail lights,

built a 1.5in 11gauge tube bumper, working on adding a skid plate so I don't tear up my oil pan.

chevy ralley wheels 15x8. 195x55 up fron 195x60 in rear.

fenders had to be flared but I tuck all corners and still can go to full turn.

added 100amp alt

aluminum door panels painted with "rust"

dash was removed and torn down to metal, painted "rust"

wood grain/polished metal steering wheel

Beebani's Z32 disk brake swap for the front.

getting closer and closer to supercharging this little beast.

I would post some pics but my work computer doesn't like photobucket.

feel free to stalk my on facebook or instagram spdcrazy is my name.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Recently I was able to finish a project I've been wanting to get done. New kickpanels for 6.5in speakers and tweeters. Also bought what I call a voodoo box, unknown what it's really called. It looks like a mini amp but just converts music from my iPod/phone through an aux Jack and to the speakers. Simple hidden and cheap. No dash cutting. IMG_20170609_093329641_zpsvzfko0oa.jpg

IMG_20170609_135433584_zpsvu5kxlpl.jpg

IMG_20170611_215209906_zpsybfcbgyq.jpg

IMG_20170611_222900142_zpsb4lgje8n.jpg

IMG_20170611_222919809_zps6iv2y2gy.jpg

IMG_20170611_224814465_zpsvjzzdui0.jpg

• Like 2

ha. the leopard print was an afterthought. just was what goodwill had. I think i'll sand it down and paint it black. maybe, right now i'm just enjoying listening to funk in my funky truck. 

i thought about making a parcel tray as well. but first thing, i need to repair my glove box, its falling apart.

also, i just did the water pump mod on the clutched water pump. smash boom crack, saw.... and now i have a low pro pump. time for a real electric fan now. and god thing i did, my old pump (about a year old aisin brand pump) had its bearing going. wouldn't spin for nothing. so all in all, improvement. 

• Like 1