Snake pit - rhino built

Rhino13

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could also go bike efi throttle bodies.

Yeah that just requires building a manifold doesn't it? With those weber 45 style throttle bodies they'd bolt on to an already made manifold.

• Like 1

Just added that to my ebay watch list too for future thoughts .. I was thinking something similar, i saw another one from fox injection, but it looked exactly like a weber 45 dcoe... but I think it was also twice as expensive..... I've heard of a few other ways too but I like that idea...

Yeah I've had my eye on them for a while now. Never came across the fox injection one but they do look really nice. These have peaked my interest the most out of everything I've seen as well, gotta start selling parts I dont need and setting the funds aside so I can make it happen!

• Like 1

Yeah that just requires building a manifold doesn't it? With those weber 45 style throttle bodies they'd bolt on to an already made manifold.

Good call. Somehow my brain skipped right over that step....

• Like 2

So I've been doing a little more research and I think I'm going to try those black throttle bodies. I'd like to try just one since I have the cannon intake, but I know they always have to run rich in the center or lean on the outer cylinders, so would it trip up an efi system too much to even try? And what is a good cheap standalone unit thats plug and play? The most I've done with efi is run codes to find out the problems on factory cars, so I have no knowledge of standalones.

• Like 1

So I've been doing a little more research and I think I'm going to try those black throttle bodies. I'd like to try just one since I have the cannon intake, but I know they always have to run rich in the center or lean on the outer cylinders, so would it trip up an efi system too much to even try? And what is a good cheap standalone unit thats plug and play? The most I've done with efi is run codes to find out the problems on factory cars, so I have no knowledge of standalones.

Get a hold of Mike (H5WAGON) he's playing with that setup right now.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Well I've taken a bit of a break from the truck for now. I'm saving up for a down payment on a house so I got something a bit cheaper to play with for now. Its a 1982 Honda Urban Express moped, little 50cc with turn signals and all haha. I may store the truck at my bosses property until I regain motivation (and have most of my down payment haha) but I do still love driving it and owning it. Here's the moped so there's at least a picture...

20170511_172118_HDR_zpsswrevnbr.jpg

• Like 2

Yes I have! And yes they are! It rips for being a 50cc. It was missing quite a few things when I got it, so I bought everything I needed for 200 bucks from a guy on there. Everything works great now, got a brand new flat top piston with it so I have that in there and it starts right up first kick. Waiting on the title situation since it hasn't been registered since '92.

• Like 2
  • 4 years later...