Datsun b310, daily driver project from Finland

Hellooo from Finland again! No we haven't been asleep in here. So, the story ended last time by not having a garage, totally depressed to everything, being unemployed, and riding a d*mn bike. Well, still don't have a garage but the things have turned a little bit better for keeping this hobby going, found a -79 b310 for a reasonable price and bought it, she took her place as a daily driver now, and the two other b310's live reast of their lives as a spare parts. Winter is coming, exited already about the intensifying eurobeat with much dorifto, such tofu delivery automobile wow. For next summer, plans go for building a suspension set ready to swap on this one, and also for souping up a nice and tight n/a A14 for this. Makes fun for the summer too, to get to do some skids'n drifts.

Cheers!

-Vince

t6rqj5.jpg

[OLD STUFF DOWNWARDS FROM HERE]

Hi! First of all, sorry for my bad english  :blush:  Im a 20 -year old classic car enthusiast from finland. Currently working on my daily driver wich i bought in summer of 2013. It was a -81 square-light facelift model and i started converting it to a earlyer round-lamp model cause i like that look better and in here in my country, those are very very rare nowadays :)

207x63o.jpg

So, here's the car at the day i bought it, drove for about 50 -kilometres home with all the brakes jamming, engine running on 3-cylinders and a terrible wobbling and shaking :D Top speed being about 70kmh on a downhill  :rofl:  Was a hell of a ride but the stinky little bastard brought me home :)

2h3onrs.jpg

6zaouq.jpg

330tqhl.jpg

Bit of a rust here and there, mostly cause of the salt they throw on the icy roads at winter to melt the ice from the highways. No good for the body.

vfil3p.jpg

Well, someone has "fixed" it sometime in past  :rofl:

2a92k4g.jpg

More worm holes...

2m3prt3.jpg

Also has few kilometres on it...i got the title from the local Nissan -Club " The owner of the Finland's most driven b310 -sunny :D "

So here is how it all got started, im updating more later :)

Cheers to all! And greetings from finland :)

PS: You can help me to learn english if you want to, just tell what im writing wrong :D

SunnyPower

• Like 2
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! First of all, sorry for my bad english  :blush:  Im a 20 -year old classic car enthusiast from finland. Currently working on my daily driver wich i bought in summer of 2013. It was a -81 square-light facelift model and i started converting it to a earlyer round-lamp model cause i like that look better and in here in my country, those are very very rare nowadays :)

207x63o.jpg

So, here's the car at the day i bought it, drove for about 50 -kilometres home with all the brakes jamming, engine running on 3-cylinders and a terrible wobbling and shaking :D Top speed being about 70kmh on a downhill  :rofl:  Was a hell of a ride but the stinky little bastard brought me home :)

2h3onrs.jpg

6zaouq.jpg

330tqhl.jpg

Bit of a rust here and there, mostly cause of the salt they throw on the icy roads at winter to melt the ice from the highways. No good for the body.

vfil3p.jpg

Well, someone has "fixed" it sometime in past  :rofl:

2a92k4g.jpg

More worm holes...

2m3prt3.jpg

Also has few kilometres on it...i got the title from the local Nissan -Club " The owner of the Finland's most driven b310 -sunny :D "

So here is how it all got started, im updating more later :)

Cheers to all! And greetings from finland :)

PS: You can help me to learn english if you want to, just tell what im writing wrong :D

SunnyPower

nice little start you have there. welcome, enjoy yourself and i look forward to future updates

and honestly you're english isn't too terrible, just the use of at instead of on or in (on the day you bought it, in winter) but that may just be me. i'm sure someone else can tell me i'm wrong

Thanks! :) Well, i just hope people understand even something about what i say :D

So the story continues...

4zxdv4.jpg

First, it was time to strip the interior out to check for more holes on the floor.

2r3f1w1.jpg

Found few, some welding and painting..

os8tqd.jpg

And some more welding... :D

14bmcfs.jpg

6h3i84.jpg

Didn't want to brake the original radio mounting, so i made this custom center-console :)

5x4exc.jpg

2lbkep0.jpg

I had to make, more or less "quick-fix" rear fenders, cause i had a kind of hurry to get the car inspected & registered...

2u4kown.jpg

And so, i got the license-plates! And get to drive around :)

2vu0m0h.jpg

On a winter 2014, we did a quick temporary painting to the car so that it wouldn't look THAT ugly.. :D

xc2e6c.jpg

257d4wp.jpg

"Stage 1" was finished... :)

5v0lt1.jpg

2r61vsx.jpg

Found pretty good condition pre-facelift rearlights, swapped them in...

2465i82.jpg

I drove the car almost the whole summer of 2014, then...

29ppybt.jpg

Engine decided to give up...

Luckily i found a spare engine from a friend, looking kinda bad but it wasn't jammed or anything and i was told that it didn't have much of a kilometres on it. So, take the old out...

2ngwppi.jpg

25jupvk.jpg

And here we have a "brand new A14" straight from a forest :D :D I couldn't throw it in looking like that so..

nlwoat.jpg

Some paint, some beer, some paint...and bing!

e5ojg5.jpg

Also painted the engine bay black :)

I think i have to post this message now, got so much stuff in one message...

More coming up! ;) And thanks for reading already, feel free to comment!

Cheers: SunnyPower

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Great progress! 

- - Torilla tavataan  :rofl:

Siellä siis  :rofl:

So, here we are now. New engine installed, all new fuel lines and fixed some old & bad wiring. Got the pre-facelift front grill and started to shape the fenders. I also got "bucket-seats" from the 2-gen Honda Prelude, wooden steeringwheel etc. i think im gonna throw a silver paint on it :) Also need to make all new floor mats, paint interior to full black. That brown is just terrible, looks worn and dirty. Here's couple of photos, untill next time.

Cheers!

SunnyPower

2ppxxq8.jpg

f50wlk.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi everyone! It's been a while since last post so i decided to update a bit ;) Here's whats done so far...

35d418l.jpg

15y6ujc.jpg

xbwcox.jpg

I welded the other fender too, to match the pre-facelift model...

692x5v.jpg

Test-painting with right color this time... i did sanding and grinding more and more but it didn't get too smooth..well it'll do for now.

2nrzdox.jpg

Painting the hood

6setso.jpg

Fixed the exhaust pipe, made from 2'' :P

2e5skdy.jpg

Customizing the rear end...

1sl0ld.jpg

You shouldn't do anything in hurry...could have gone worse

29eqaf6.jpg

abpnr7.jpg

Then we did some sanding and painting...here i am :D

zmju43.jpg

Turned out like this. Still needs fine sanding and varnish.

2pr6wcm.jpg

2v1nuyg.jpg

ilh8hs.jpg

2vwur6o.jpg

Bought half-bucket seats from a honda prelude

15d5qf7.jpg

Test fitting...pretty nice ;P

bfkuih.jpg

That's it for now...feel free to comment! :)

Greetings from Finland: SunnyPower

• 1 year later...

Wow! Almost two years have passed and i have totally forgotten how to speak/write in English! Gotta do some training now.

So, i was working on building a daily b310, well, that daily didn't turn out so well... I was almost ready getting the car inspected and registered, until one day when i went to the garage, someone had backed up and crashed a towing hook to dattos front end. I don't remember being that pissed never in my life. And that's not all of it, next day the garage manager calls me and says that "The people of the town have complained about your crapcar sitting on the side of the garage, also they have had enough of your loud exhaust when moving the car around in the yard. Move your smoking toilet somewhere else, no working here anymore".

So i had to find some place to store the poor old datto. Luckily my friend has a bunch of land in the countryside that used to belong his grandmother. So there i took my datto, resting under the trees along with my friends old mercedes. I hope it doesnt get too rotten sitting there for a year.. :/

Summer 2016, i was lucky to find a parts donor car. Sitting in mud since 1993, we pulled it out from the swamp, smashed the rear brakes loose and swapped rear tires with some air in it. I rented a weirdest trailer i've driven with, it was really scary towing with that thing thinking all the time will the rotten rear axle assembly stay in place :rofl:

After all, the 100-mile trip went well and my "brand new" -79 sunny found it's way to my friends property. It's got all the nice chrome things intact to swap to the the other car :)

2czxdvp.jpg

Currently i've been unemployed, suffering depression and i can't afford to buy any other car to drive, in order to get a registered car i should sell my dear dattos and that's not an option. So im riding a bicycle.. :rofl:  I really hope to get some place next summer where i could finish my dear daily. Time will show.

Greetings

Vince from Finland

Do free things on the Dattos! Cleaning, polishing, prepping etc. Cures the blues and maintains momentum on the project.

Sorry to hear things took a bad turn, but Datsun improves everything.

Do free things on the Dattos! Cleaning, polishing, prepping etc. Cures the blues and maintains momentum on the project.

Sorry to hear things took a bad turn, but Datsun improves everything.

Well, currently they are sleeping under a pile of snow, theres no place to work on :/ But i've got always something to work on, making plans for the future etc. I also got couple of intake/exhaust flanges made so i can build my own manifolds when the time comes.

2ep11za.jpg

Oh yea, i also worked on with this beautiful ke25 coupe corolla that my mom bought last summer. Was very rusty one but luckily only underneath :D

2sacbwn.jpg

The license plate is awesome.. :rofl:

Cheers

Vince from Finland

• Like 2
  • 8 months later...