Using Datsun 720 Heater Valve in place of Datsun 510 Valve.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 510 cock heater. Looks as if it works somewhat like a kitchen sink tap.

Heater_19.jpgHeater_09.jpg

Here is my 720 cock heater. Pretty straight forward and appears to be an in line valve.

720stuff025.jpg

Looks like something could be arranged. At worst you could open it for the winter and close for the summer.

BTW.... Nice title!!! The search engine will easily find this post.

FATS 80 720 looks more like the older style valve,,, but it is dark right now and the hobgoblins are out.. but i could look tomorrow morning..

Have you seen this,,, worked like a charm for me,, and super cheap.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/16631-stop-heater-valve-leak/

Best fix for the NLA 510 heater valve is to pick up a 620 heater valve and take it apart and use the new parts in the 510 valve body.

Here's a link to a 510 heater rebuild using this fix.

http://www.510coop.com/completed/heater.htm

Depending on how much deposit build up on the valves tangs you have could determine if those tangs will stay or break because of the corrosion emitted from the deposit build up eating away at the brass. But me personally I've rebuilt a couple of those and never had one break. But the more you move those tangs the better your chances of flying tools. My grandson some how Saturday put a dent in my drivers side door getting a sled out of the garage ha!! the sleds are in the other garage CRAP!!! It isn't hugh or to deep so I think I can pound out 90% of it. Good thing I'm planning on a repaint. He's been grounded from entry to the 510 stall until permission is granted otherwise I'll smack his Dad. His Mom my daughter hits much harder than he 8>)