Fuel Pump Relay?

Cruzn620

Hopefully this post doesn't get locked....

With the help of the handy dandy multimeter, I found that the White/Purple wire out of the stock Nissan KA24E was switched 12v power. When the key was flipped it had 12v on it for about 3 seconds and then the relay flipped and it had no power. I was assuming this was to prime the fuel pump and then the ECU was telling it to shut off so that it didn't dead head.

FuelPumpWiring.jpg

I grounded my Walbro to the frame using 10 gauge wire, ran the white/purple wire to the positive terminal on the fuel pump, hit the key, BOOM...pump ran and then "timed out". I would have thought with empty fuel lines it would have primed longer, but it didn't. I hit the key again to start it, no fuel pump. I also didn't hear the fuel pump relay clicking any more. Was it just happy coincidence that my fuel pump relay went bad RIGHT THEN when I was testing things?

Is my theory correct about the voltage dropping off that wire?

Should I try to test the pump/system with a constant 12v source just to see if the motor will get fuel?

The motor does run...I splashed fuel into the throttle body and it ran correctly for about 45 seconds...which was music to my ears. I also thought about my fuel filter. I ran one between the pump and tank of course, but to have the correct fittings, I ran it "backwards" to the way it said to mount it. From simply blowing on it from either end, it seemed to work the same either way, but perhaps that caused an issue?

There are 4 other wires on that harness that didn't register any voltage when the key was hit, could those have something to do with it? THANK GUYS!! 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is post number 3 on the same thing!!! Did you read my comment? When you start a thread all subsequent thoughts and posts go in it. You don't start a third or forth or fifth post about it just because no one replied to it.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/65287-ka-engine-swap-fuel-pump-wiring/

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/65305-ka-fuel-pump-wiring-help/

Open up you original post and continue from there. This is why the second and third posts were closed.

• Like 1