help identifying my new head

DaveOtter

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 219 head came from the factory on L16SSS engines (probably on the L18SSS too) and could be ordered like any Nissan part. However, racing is a one way trip for all equipment and the original stock of these heads was used up over time. (as I understand it) Because there was such a demand (mostly racing) for the 219SSS head, Nissan re-issued it under a new and separate casting number, the V912. (219 backwards)

You would know better if the A-87 can safely be hogged out to 1.5" but the V912 is already there and could even go larger.

• Like 2

I have a single 40 Weber DCOE to feed that head, and a strong street cam. I hope the single DCOE can feed 1.5" ports...

It's not the ports you're feeding, it's the whole package.  The ports will give you really good port velocity and overall power.  What are the spec's on your "strong street cam"?

• Like 1

I took the motor out of my 520, tore it all down, took the things that need machine shopping to the machine shop, bought a new WebCam cam, had the innards balanced. I haven't had time to put the thing together, and came across this motor on Craigslist. Talked him from 300 down to 275, didn't have change for a 20, so $280 out the door for the l20b longblock (and clutch and distributor). Got it home this afternoon and discovered what head was on it. Previous owner said he'd been racing it 10-12 years ago, wrecked the car, kept the motor. He also admitted to not being a mechanical kind of guy, and couldn't tell me too much about the particulars of the motor. I really only wanted it to power the 520 until I could find the time to build my freshly machined motor....so the plan is to put this into the 520 and see how it runs....

• Like 1