My 720 workhorse 80kc

harlow426@mail.com

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You wayno for offering 2 dig into your stash for a 720kc defroster rear window. Will figure out how to get north after I get the 521++ squared away. Will have 2 take u out 2 dinner or something. :thumbup:

Discovered a spot of rust hidden under the window rubber. Blessing in disguise I broke window.....If I hadn't caught it now it could of got bad. :thumbup:  I have a gallon of Rustoleum Gloss black I picked up on a 1/2 off clearance weekend @ walmart($17). It is real close to a match...good 4 touch-up repair.

Update....traded a set of truck mirrors 4 a std non-defog rear window with a local datto guy. Want to still get correct one Wayno offered but I have a substitute 4 now. 521 not quite home yet....next 48 hrs. Up 2 my eyeballz w/ stuff of all sorts....

• Like 2

I always keep at least 2 sets of 4 rollers (used tires mounted on wheels) for times like this.

P1050124.jpg

Faster at the scrap-yard if u don't have 2 spin lug nuts. I am sure I have at least 2 sets of 'free' rollers. Only way I could wing getting the black 80kc was to part out my 82(reluctantly). Not much of it left after I snagged all the good stuff(new front susp/brakes/5sp/weber.air bags/hitch/2 1/8 pipes/new windshieldetc). Had cancer but low miles (125k). The dynomite z22 is going into B#3 now that I sold the Z24.

• Like 1

Faster at the scrap-yard if u don't have 2 spin lug nuts. I am sure I have at least 2 sets of 'free' rollers. Only way I could wing getting the black 80kc was to part out my 82(reluctantly). Not much of it left after I snagged all the good stuff(new front susp/brakes/5sp/weber.air bags/hitch/2 1/8 pipes/new windshieldetc). Had cancer but low miles (125k). The dynomite z22 is going into B#3 now that I sold the Z24.

You scrapped that truck?

You scrapped that truck?

Yes...looking at it's best angle. floors rotten, roof rusted thru(see black paint), bed rusted bad @ seams inside. Only things I shoulda' snagged but didnt....rt door, wiper motor, brake/clutch master, speedo cable. When I went and looked at the black kc I couldn't not get it. As a rule...I don't junk useable datsun stuff. There are many 'scrappers w/o scruples' out there......u wouldn't believe what I dig outta the scrap yard when Im there to recycle actual junk.

• Like 1

Good looking truck. I see you even have the square rah and clock. Awesome

Can u guys tell I substituted a AA battery powered clock movement inside the factory cluster? Swapped/retrofitted the 'hands'...peek-a boo whole on backside to adjust time/change battery.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up this nice set today. Tires 85-90% wheels 8.8-9.2 outta 10. Goodyear 215-70-14's....actually made in the USA! Have all 4 center caps but havt-a go back and grab the non-acorn lug nuts. I think they will go onto B#3 eventually......rather run my 15's w/dogdishes and rings on my work rig.

P1050543.jpgP1050542.jpgP1050541.jpg

• Like 1

I have been cycling thru some old old gas in my truck. Didn't dilute last batch enufff and I think it gummed my intake valve (#4) bad enuf it kicked the rocker arm off and LUCKILY the lash cap didn't cycle thru the motor. Minor blems to edge of rocker/cam lobe. will beburr/polish extreme edge so no debris/particulates cycle thru the cam tunnel area. 5 trucks(counting my 66 Dodge) and not arunner amongst them....argh!!! I have a mighty fast Schwinn!

EDit/updaTE~~~~~what a relief.....she is back 2 her former glory. Had 2 use a little leverage with a small flat bar 2 depress spring enuf 2 slip rocker arm in it'z slot/ball Hurriedly set valve lash cold on one valve.....little tick tick. Will go give it a quick spirited workout and do a proper valve adj HOT. B)

• Like 1