FOUND! my first 521! ++

harlow426@mail.com

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will know better after I get all the algae/moss/mildew off...... but I think I did pretty well. It is honest(no bondo,layers of paint). J motor and trans in other p/u. After I dug it out...other partial truck actually a trailer. Everything is home except the actual truck...thurs asap. More info/pictures on thurs. :yawn:  :w00t: :thumbup:P1050488.jpgP1050489.jpg

• Like 2

i think i would have taken the hubcaps and leave the rest

Looks like a pile of shit covered in moss. Id still drive it... I just hope you didnt pay too much for it. 

looks are deceiving.....little bit of junk....rest goodstuff. DIRTY!!

• Like 1

Any way I could score some of the 720 stuff?

The transfer case is likely fried. But I would like it perhaps if its free/cheap.  Take it apart and learn off it.  Also maybe the fender market light, mine is broken.

on the fence...if rolls over smoothly think i'll stash away. there are a pile of driveshafts and looks 2 b good front susp/3rd hubs.

• Like 1

You scored!  What engine is in the 69.  The bed on the 69 is newer the 69 bed had round red reflectors like the front fenders.  Sweet trailer.  I would love to have one.

If you make it this far north I'm sur we can work something out. Have to do a side by side comparison....keepin' the better.

• Like 1

You scored!  What engine is in the 69.  .

Believe it is a late 70s early 80s mustang II, Bronco II, granada, v6 with a c4. keepin' the weber core on top but most likely junkin'. If I was 2 build a franken' ride I'd use a gm 4.3 or Chrysler. Explorer rear ends are good...disks,8.8 ls. If auto trans....at least 4 speed OD.

• Like 1

A friend of mine had a 1975 620 he put a Mustang II V6 auto in and that was a fun little truck.  I am like you I would use GM.  I had 1 Ford in my life and I hated it.  Never buy another.

If I win the 521 at Canby I can roll that way.

• Like 1

Looks like you got a nice start on parts collection. Can't wait to see the truck cleaned up. Looks like it was wet for sometime, but a radiator heater with the doors close will dry that baby out in about 4 hours. Had to do the same for my baby when I got her. Oh, I remember the day I brought mine home!! Have fun.

• Like 2

A friend of mine had a 1975 620 he put a Mustang II V6 auto in and that was a fun little truck.  I am like you I would use GM.  I had 1 Ford in my life and I hated it.  Never buy another.

If I win the 521 at Canby I can roll that way.

I love -em all....Gm, Mopar, Datto, etc. Budjet impacts overall collection......I have quite the mix. Sold all my Ford stuff a few years ago.....64' p/u w/429, 65 Galaxie(like one in 'Serpico' w/ Pachino), 91' Pony. My father has a few still...65-66-67 pickups(2nd owner all 3/less 100k) the 65 has the factory mustang buckets-1st year of RANGER. 56 2d post, 50 Ford, and a 69 Grand Marquis convert---pops' last new car 13k---dad former salesman for Ford Ogdon utah-only 69 Merc in existance in the plum color(Lincoln Mark4 4 color). He had to juggle #'s on the order sheet to get that color.....his sales demo car was a 302BOSS powered Torino! I remember in 1983-8 years old-riding in the Merc......that 429 really can MOOVE........biGGG car. Pops' has more than 50 cars/trucks......I came by this 'car problem' honestly.

• Like 2