FOUND! my first 521! ++

harlow426@mail.com

Made a wrong turn today trying to find a guy with a truck canopy. Didn't know I went the wrong way till later.....across the river I spotted the front end of a gold  521 behind a barn. If there had been leaves on the trees I would of never seen it.  I was movin' and couldn't stop. On the way back I figured out which driveway /house it was on the other side of the river...

Introduced myself to the lady that came out of the barn. Truck was behind barn(no view from road). I struck up a conversation. Wonderful lady. She didn't say it but I think she thought I was looony.....but she bit the first # I tossed out.

handshake and smiles!!

think it is a 69 but not sure

getting dark, weeds/blackberries as tall as me

complete and id say pretty much original.....but looks like an early ranger/bronco II v6 under the bonnet.

+++another similar truck minus cab-front clip....full of 720 parts, a10, LEAVES,521 parts, ???

I can tell stuff hasn't been touched in many years......didn't try to open doors or investigate much.

will b a bit of work digging it all out but I am so glad I made a wrong turn today.

gotta juggle stuff around....need room to go thru it all once I haul it home.

have to b VERY careful.....city of springfield very strict about cars, car parts, etc.

think the goldwing needs 2 go.....truck would fit under back porch if it was gone.

I am so happy I found 'Brownie #3' here recently......but this just blows me outta the water!!!

My face is starting to hurt.. :D :) :thumbup: :rofl:

Will post pics as soon as I can manage it..... yea I love pictures too.

gotta eat- shower- say my prayers.....

• Like 6
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PHOTOS!!!

You can send them here kevinsheats@gmail.com if you'd like me to post some for you.

If you have some that is.

No camera in truck when I was out there. Think I got photobucket upload sorted out. Was able to post a handful of pics last night. Guy supposed to b here @ 10 4 the goldwing...till b a task to dig all of it out if he buys. Plan 2 slide the 521 under cover once gl1000 goes. Will take pics as it sits in the weeds..loading..transport, home etc. GOTTA GO!

• Like 1

Ok... Goldwing is gone! Guy supposed to be here on Tues for a 83z24 4x4 motor I have so $$ for 521++ transport. Paid my storage rent to "Evil Santa"...after clean-up should have enough room 4 it all.

Have a big ?? for you'all experienced in 521 builds.

Should I save and use the 83 std 720(the 'turd') chassis under my 521?

-------Been sitting 4 years...may b rust in frame rails if near the ground....don't know yet.

-------the 'turd' drove out well except for the bad motor, powersteering and sway bar going into my 80kc but brakes and the rest are good...will have good std steering box   -------outta the 80(97k) also have steering column box from a 78620kc. If it is a simple swap I think it is the smartest/fastest way to get it rolling...

-------disk brakes z motor/5speed/clean gas tank/have it here ready.

Anybody gave a good pic of what the 521 looked like in the original gold paint? Think it is a 68-70...was almost dark and I could hardly contain myself when we made the deal. I usually take after my pops'...and lean towards original but I think it would look good white w/pearl and a blackberry pearl roof(90%stock ext/60%int). If I do a frame swap I'll have 2 rig up a rotisserie and get the tin %100 b-4 sandwiching it back down. Will b listing a bunch of parts in the classifieds soon(Jmotor/720bodyprts/521roller). Want this build to happen in a timely fashion....the truck deserves it.

• Like 2

Talk with Wayno on swapping the 720 Chassis.  Before you start swapping steering boxes and other parts research it because I can tell you now that the 620 is not what you want on an 83 720 chassis.  If you swap the chassis swap the the drive train also.  the 83 engine mounts are different than the L motor mounts.  Do your research and you will avoid a lot of problems.  I will help with what I know.

• Like 1

Wayno sent me a link.....almost instantly. Owe him a cold one(or 3) if I ever have the chance. Figured the 620 box wasn/t the way 2 go but just wanted to list what I have 2 work with. I am STILL constantly in awe in how fast I get answers/pics/educated opinions 2 my quandarys. I understand why....damn datsuns' are in my blood 2. They have treated me well no matter how 'unkind' the service. If you don't love your datsun you should b ashamed....it loves you.

• Like 1