72 510 wagon turn signals and brake lights not working

72gooner

When I got the car everything worked after I cleaned connections. Just the other day I was driving it and I was using the turn signals and everything worked great. But I noticed when I was driving back home the dash lights were not working and neither were the turn signals or brake lights. I checked fuses and they are ok. Head lights work and running lights work but no turn or brake lights. Any ideas or thoughts?

I've checked fuses and all connections. I do not have power to the brake switch or turn signals but I do have power to the hazards.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oil and ignition lights, E brake lamp, fuel and temp gauges are all on the same fuse. Replace it to be sure.

Power to this fuse comes from the ignition switch in the ON position so look there if the fuse really is ok. Ignition switch plug loose, corroded or maybe just not working.

I had similar issues with mine. Vinegar bath is your friend, douche the fuse box and any corroded connectors for at least 20min. I tossed my front side markers in there too. If you're comfortable with it, take apart your headlight switch and clean the contacts. As Mike said, replace all fuses, I was ready to tear my fucking hair out when chasing a blower motor issue. I remembered his advice about fuses that look good but aren't, changed the fuses and that was it. Sounds like corrosion issues to me, clean all contacts in those circuits and replace all fuses and check all bulbs.