74 620 L20 spun crank bearing - now I'm looking to rebuild/swap

daderaide

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I can't blame you at all for wanting to go with the KA. If that's what you want by all means make it happen!!

Under $1000 is probably not gonna happen though. Also, upgrade your brakes during or before the swap. :)

This is a problem. Great advice, but the human effect is not being able to leave well enough alone.

If you have a budget, ask yourself if this is a real budget or if it's just a target. If you can't excercise resatraint, things will definitelty spiral out of control. That is what I was implying when telling the OP that just repairing it will cost more than $1000, because something will catch his eye that "needs" replacing.

I've built motors before where the only new part in them was a head gasket. Those motors cost $100, but it takes restraint to make it happen.

• Like 1

You are in Portland... Probably the best place in the country to find Datsun parts, help, and friends. If this truck is a necessity, replace what needs to be fixed to keep it running, save for your ka swap and gather every single last piece to do the swap and I mean everything down to a lock washer, fuse, relay etc.

Than throw a swap party provide some beer and tacos, and that's it.

Truck running, and you met some new friends

Ratsun.net where the cars are ratty and the people are batty.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...