New owner/ build '71 521

Schoolzin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mrbigtanker. I'm not planning on doing anything too crazy. I want to go stock Datsun off-white for body color and then mostly everything else in dark graphite. Definitely like the look of the chevy rally wheels on a static drop. Going to take the frame to be blasted and powdercoated graphite hopefully in the next few weeks. I have somehow accumulated 3 L16s in the last three months so I'll be piecing one together from all the parts I have from the three. My goal is to just be able to run dual 40s reliably. Hopefully it'll be drivable in about a year or so.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Slowly tackling the front suspension and finding out that 44 years in the desert makes for a virtually rust free truck, but damn all the rubber and bushings are shot. I owe Wayno big time for help me not break a few things already...that guy might need to hold a paid position here or something! ;). Here's a few pics of what it took to drive out my torsion spline bolt and a few other goodies.

35B8CD71-B36D-43C4-8F54-588E6C627B59_zps

Wayno does not post on Ratsun any more.  He will answer PMs.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

72A44FEE-C1B7-4778-BA19-D9B3A4022305_zps

Had a heck of a time getting the LCA bushings out! Bought the bearing puller and it still wasn't enough believe it or not. Burned out the inner bushing (a week's worth of PB Blaster helped). The outer race still wasn't having it... Finally with a little heat, make that a crapload of heat, and my air chisel...they came out like butter.....glowing, hot as hell, butter. Good times.