83' 720kc c.l. SCORE! Brownie #3

harlow426@mail.com

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect that they sold a lot ‘cinnamon girl’ 720s up here in Washington, Charlie. I have seen more than a few in my color- and harlows..

First Brown truck started my lifelong partnership with datsun/nissan p/u's. Looked good b-4 I stuffed it into the back of a volvo. Felt like crap when I upgraded to the next 720 and it got the claw a the scrap yard. Wasn't anything good left on it...parts still live on in my daily. I'll never b with out a datsun p/u or 2 or 3!!

• Like 1

As long as the 521++ transport goes smoothly.....I hope 2 have running by Valentine's Day....like ten days or so. After I take the time to spit polish/detail etc it will look GOOD! Still on a quest 2 find a primo front bumper. May end up buying another truck I spotted just 4 the bumper. Hoping there is one in the pile of 720 stuff I have yet 2 inventory.

Gotta get up early and start the 521++ re-homing process. YES I'll have pics of the 521 asap!!

• Like 1

It's a 4X4 grill, it's all about personal preference, is that black paint over chrome, if you could get the upper and lower cross beams to look like the side markers, it would look better.

have 1 good 4x4 marker 2 match grill..... but yea i'd prefer only the grid section in center b black. almost bought a grill like it @ b-n-arrrr 4 $20 when I got console/tach. glad I didnt. have 2 good std grilles + one in pic.

• Like 1

P1050526.jpg

It is in the driveway....z20-5speed out....z22-5speed in. Gotta go out to the farm....check with my sis Due 2-20 girl...check w/ pops. While I'm out there grab cherry picker and a few other things. Just might move under it's own power by the weekend.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Still not had a chance 2 get back to this build. It is the cleanest/most-complete non-running truck in the driveway. City can't gripe about it...been focused on eyesores, possible city code concerns. These wheels and tires probably will go onto this truck and the 'dishes back to my black truck. have centersP1050542.jpgP1050543.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Progress......sour motor out, good one sitting in back of my other KC. B-4 motor install I am going to do a A-1 job of detailing the engine bay, install tilt column, relocating battery(room 4 future turbo/KA/intercooler), install aux fuse/relax box/air horns,aftermkt cruise, remote start,kybs front,install grease zerks where needed on fr susp, flush complete brake system.P1050660.jpgP1050661.jpgP1050662.jpgP1050663.jpgP1050664.jpgP1050666.jpgP1050668.jpg

• Like 3

Tilt colummmn pulled and sittin' beside truck. Found my no-clutch 4 vane water pump fan(yea!)... all the others make an obnoxious wind noise I can't stand(not a froze up clutch). Swamped with work....12+ hour days for many weeks now. Off to fix a nice 80std 'evil santa' has......behind on storage 'yard' rent. I'll get this darn truck moovin' under itZ own power soon!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

What is this setup? Wheel size?

The hub caps look good on there. 

Early 60's Chev/gmc factory wheel(s). Believe it or not those wheels have been on every 720 I have ever had(miles and miles and TONZ of payload). I have never even balanced them(no add on lead)..my pops' has a old May tire machine. Hubcabs are 70's era universal/aftermarket. 235-60-15" tires. Can't wait to drive B3#.....never had a front swaybar in previous trucks.

• Like 1

Halow has a sexy trany.  :rofl:  :rofl:

Wish I had a shinny 5 speed waiting to take the place of my 4 speed. 

Nobody but me will ever see it. Couldn't stuff it in dirty....wood of bugged me everytime I thought about it. 1st thing on my agenda today is to get on my back with hot soapy water and scrub the underside of the cab.....follow up with heavy coat of carnuba wax. Some of the suspension stuff needs a scuff and hit with semi-black. Debating whether or not to throw in the power steering 'box' or stick with it the way it is. :hmm:

Really heating up outside....gotta get 2 work. :sweat:

Wish me luck ya-all......LOTZ 2 do! :unsure:  

Wish I had a clone of myself, or could get tele-kinesis to work. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Nobody but me will ever see it. Couldn't stuff it in dirty....wood of bugged me everytime I thought about it. 1st thing on my agenda today is to get on my back with hot soapy water and scrub the underside of the cab.....follow up with heavy coat of carnuba wax. Some of the suspension stuff needs a scuff and hit with semi-black. Debating whether or not to throw in the power steering 'box' or stick with it the way it is. :hmm:

Really heating up outside....gotta get 2 work. :sweat:

Wish me luck ya-all......LOTZ 2 do! :unsure:

Wish I had a clone of myself, or could get tele-kinesis to work. :thumbup:

I saw the trans, definitely worth the time spent! Looks even better in person. The truck is coming along good, everything just needs to be cleaned and put back in its place!

• Like 2