83' 720kc c.l. SCORE! Brownie #3

harlow426@mail.com

Gotta thank the car gods today!! I found a beautiful 720kc.....ad was up on cl for 24 days(as parts truck!) & nobody spotted it. Beautiful strait body, perfect dash pad, nice original buckets, carpet good, headliner/visors perfect, 4 near new toyos! 110k, blown hg, $1000+ receipts in glove-box, even part of original window sticker! Minimal blems in bed, tailgate perfect...even latch is good. I'll try and get photos up soon...have to set up photo bucket.

Will need front bumper....dumb-ass's put a chain on it :confused: (tow hook 8" away), no carb/intake. Sure am glad I have GOOD car karma!! :thumbup:

It will B running by thursday afternoon....have carb/intake from 83 flatbed still sitting here.

Now I don't know what 2 do. Should I keep it....or should I fix/detail and re-sell?

More datto info to follow............

• Like 1
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe pics by this eve. Just washed off 25lbs of fir needles/moss...lookin' better, pumped out 5gal useable gas & dumped into my driver, swapped in good left fender marker, topped off 84month knect batt, set tire press. Have errands across town....more later!!

• Like 2

Looks pretty familiar to me. Nice score!

TWINS2_zps0b9f7bab.jpg

Nice pair-o-trucks. Like the white center wheels with trim ring.My 1st 72o (86) was brown...my 'departed' 82 was brown...thus brownie #3. Thanks 2 Denmarkboy 4 posting pics 4 me. Truck NEEDS a bath. Was dark when I took pics. Won't take much 2 make it SHINE.

• Like 2

We had a pumpkin colored 620 standard cab, which we dearly loved- except for that awful color. I’ve tried to see it as ‘period’, and I have seen some nice pumpkin 620s since, but I still don’t like that color much. But the truck itself was flat amazing.

Have you ever had a vehicle where you loved everything about it, except the color? It is a difficult romance.  Though it is just as common as the pumpkin color was, I actually like this cinnamon color just fine. Whew! 

• Like 2

Tachometer at b and r on 99. Clock too maybe.

I went to BnR and way way back on the back fence I found an 85 4wd with LONG bed! Got the center console w/ gauges, tach, 2 relays from fuse block, fuse block cover, black interior door handle finger pockets(for my 8o) all 4 $20. Going back on sat and grabbing the grill for $20. Still lots of good parts on truck....only one other 720 in the lot and it is about gutted(82std).

Denmarkboy has a clock 4 me.

Found a good running 85' Z24 w/130k for $50!!!!

picking up sat eve.....will give it a coat of VHT Chrysler red, gaskets, weber, non-clutch fan, cast valve cover, epoxy magnet to pan.

Delux woodgrain dash pcs from the 'turd' will be installed when I do tach/clock. Also getting the tilt wheel from the 'turd' but the pw st and front swaybar are for my 80kc.

Want 2 find tan plastic kick panels/and black for my 80kc.

• Like 1

Did you grab the resistor for the tach too? It's in the engine bay. You'll want that :)

Glad to see someone get all these goodies.. I was thinking about pulling them to sell.. then I was like.. fuckit. I'll just post it on ratsun.

• Like 3

We had a pumpkin colored 620 standard cab, which we dearly loved- except for that awful color. I’ve tried to see it as ‘period’, and I have seen some nice pumpkin 620s since, but I still don’t like that color much. But the truck itself was flat amazing.

Have you ever had a vehicle where you loved everything about it, except the color? It is a difficult romance.  Though it is just as common as the pumpkin color was, I actually like this cinnamon color just fine. Whew! 

i wish my 80 was any color other than black....hot and hard 2 keep clean

• Like 1

Did you grab the resistor for the tach too? It's in the engine bay. You'll want that :)

Glad to see someone get all these goodies.. I was thinking about pulling them to sell.. then I was like.. fuckit. I'll just post it on ratsun.

wherz do i look 4 the resistor? anybody have a pic? thanks for the tip!!

wish I could buy the LONG bed and make a trailer.....

have six different trailers now + my tow dolly

i suppose I don 't need another trailer

• Like 1

See Mikes post below:

wherz do i look 4 the resistor? anybody have a pic? thanks for the tip!!

wish I could buy the LONG bed and make a trailer.....

have six different trailers now + my tow dolly

i suppose I don 't need another trailer

The harness is all there and already wired into the dash pod. just slip the tach in and go.

You will need a 2.2K ohm dropping resistor in line. The factory wiring, again, had the plug already there but if no tach the plug in resister is deleted. You can get one from any '80s car with a tach like the ZX or S110, S12 200sx (probably others. On the 720 the plug will be wrapped in tape and appear as a bump on the harness somewhere between the ignition coils and the back of the driver's side headlights. The resister looks like this plugged in...

22Kresistor2.jpg
  • Like 2

I am seeing all these dark metallic brown trucks and just wondering if any one has the paint code for the color.  Sweet trucks.

yes....i'd like 2 know as well. if you are going to have some paint mixed let me know. maybe we can share the cost and both end up with some?? could use a pint or 2 for touch-up....

• Like 1

Oh by the the I totally disagree with Mike's statement, "Re-sell it for 3x as much and profit from this."  Fix, own it , rock it!  Enjoy the truck!  Cheap to drive, easy to work on, cheap to insure and fun!

truck has been granted 'immunity'. was bugging me using my 80 for 'truck' stuff. already put a few dings in it. i am going to make this truck as nice as it can B and treat it nicely. have a hard tonnno i'm going to install and I've been sitting on some good audio gear. also have a remote start setup, aftermarket cruise control, c.b, air horns, air-fuel mix gauge, H-3 headlights.

Datsun/Nissan p/u's have treated me well for years....asking nothing but fuel/oil/love in return. I think trying to make a profit on this truck would 'taint' my car karma. Unless a catastrophe occurs I'M KEEPING IT!! maybe in the future i'll ka-turbo it if I find a suitable donor rig.....with a ka and 3.3 butt gears should do 140.

• Like 1

521 find, LUV stepside fenders, etc has pulled me away from this build. think I sold z24 I bought 4 it. helping to get the 521 home. still have a good z22 to drop in. another rat needs 6" z20 rods... may sell z20/part. I have a vison of a super clean ka transplant in the future

• Like 1