truck needs to go fast faster

TasoZ24

when it started today it was a more steady idle but ran out of fuel and didnt go again.

thanks for info on fuel pump relay, got a new one of those a while back due to misdiagnosis.

since im starting my coil and distributor are fine? been reading that you can davance your spark a few degrees, how does one go about doing this?. cant find a diy, links are fun.

• Like 1
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah gas came out there when pump was buzzing. Will get out there and make things hunkydory. Dizzy is fully advanced it looks like, not really wise on ignition timing, or much else apparently. Thanks for putting up with me guys, sorry for no pics yet, internet companies are scam artists when you live way out there, even libraries get shafted.

• Like 1

I just looked at every one of my 720 frames, both diesels and the 86 frame that the 1966 Datsun 520 is on have the large line as the feed line(line to fuel pump), and the small line is the return line, the 1985 720 with the napZ also has the fuel pump by the tank connected to the big line, so all my trucks use the small line as the return line, and I can say with absolute certainty that I did not mess with the fuel lines on the 85 at all, I just pulled that wrecked 85 cab/box off the frame, and dropped the 70 521 cab onto the frame, I did not even touch the fuel lines at all.

Have to disagree. Large is always the return line to the tank. Small is the supply line from the tank. Always.

Yea, that ain't going to work, the big line is the short one back by the tank, while the small line goes all the way to the back of the tank, the return/vent are on the back top of the tank, and the fill tube/vent tube for the fill tube and pickup tube are on the front middle/side, to mix them lines up back there, one would have to put extra long lines to change them to the opposite way they were designed, and I can say for sure if you mix the front lines up, it's not going to run any longer than it takes to use the fuel in the carb with a manual fuel pump like my rigs have except for the one I just put together with the napZ engine, it is going to die from lack of fuel, as you cannot pull fuel off the top of the tank unless it is full to the top.

Looking at the napZ setup, both lines lead to the same place a "Y" right by the carb inlet, and I don't know how the pressure is built up in that system, so I suppose in theory if one got them lines backwards, it would still pump fuel threw the system, it just might not build any pressure because the regulator is having the fuel go threw it backwards, but the return line would still be the return line, but everything from where the lines are connected up would be backwards.

See the lines connected together with a metal strip, if the fuel lines were mixed up, then the fuel would be going the wrong way thru that "Y", would that cause an issue?

DSCN4125.JPG

But even though the fuel flow would be backwards at the carb, the feed line is still the feed line, and the return line is still the return line, at least with a gasser 720 with an electric fuel pump.

• Like 1

Fuel wasnt getting past mr regulator, apparently not the only person this happened to, luckily fuel didnt go everywhere. Dude at shop didnt pull up any other, call today to see what the could do, and I get the holley low psi and seven bucks, wish guy would've pulled up this one, town is far.

• Like 1

Got ol' Truck Norris sounding like a champ at idle. Once warmed up I took him down the driveway and couldnt make it up. Drive is long and uphill so I coasted to neighbor who is going to help me work the kinks out. 100 micron filter was clogged, got crap mr gasket traded for the holley regulator. Front end makes truck feel brand new, alignment and stock height tomorrow, or once I feel safe driving the 40 miles to the shop

• Like 1