Don't see Omni GLH Turbo's for sale ever

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you wanting to discuss a non Datsun? Or just pointing this out? There's a reason we have this... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/55571-post-craigslist-ads-here/ Because these ads have a short shelf life and when someone opens this post in a few weeks or a few years, that link will be worthless.

There was never a Dodge Omni SRT4 anything. The use of the SRT is totally wrong.

Mike, I really appreciate you busting me for throwing this in the non datsun forum, so whats up with letting this thread alone for a couple weeks. 

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/65044-not-a-datsun-but-what-do-you-guys-think/

Geesh, I've always attempted to keep posts in proper context, but you dropped the ball on that one.

But yes, for discussion, the Omni turbo has always interested me, perhaps I'll go look at it.  Anyone have experience with these cars?

Just checking, and it's totally in the right spot. I had an '82 2.2 Omni (non turbo) and added the 'Charger' hood and front fender vents. Always liked that car. Had a factory spoiler too. Looked like the red one below... but black.

1982-dodge-omni-charger-22.jpg

I'm guessing that these were easy to clone.  So what are the tell signs if it is correct?  You already pointed out the SRT in the discription, So the seller may not know exactly what he has.  I did get a ride in a NA Omni GLH one time, very quick and felt much  faster than my 86 GLI .

you don't see many of them because they did not survive the Boosted 2.2 was junk

When it comea the the chrysler 2.2l, it really depends on tHe year. In mid 86' they redesigned thw block to better handle the boost. My family has had both boosted and NA version s of the Chrysler 2.2, and both were amazing. But once again they were after the redesign. With that, I have also seen people runnin 12+psi without a problem, daily, for years.

I personally would love a boosted 2.2l anything. The original 2.2 was based on the VW 1.6L (which is bulletproof), so ir is a good strong design. My girl has an 87' Sundance with an NA 2.2 that I plan on building. Kinda cool to see these old Shelby Chryslers still up and about :D

• 2 weeks later...

I will convert it to a 2.2 turbo to fit in the confines of this thread.

EDiT: I passed on the car. It had a huge dent in the passenger rear quarter and had bad diesel runon. The holley was idled up so high that I didn't even have to press the gas to travel down the road. Leaking oil, etc. They just didn't know their car.