Carter's 521

Carter 71

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I helped export this truck from CA. Have you adjusted the brakes? the first day I had it I locked them up and it did a 360 in the middle of the street. interesting direction with the slot mags. Glad to see the truck went to somebody that is improving it. That's an authentic Bardon bumper on the back.

Breaks are adjusted, work fine. Cheers!

what's under the heater?

Yeah, a fire extinguisher

In other news, engine needs a rebuild :(

• Like 2

buy spare hydralic parts when you can.

most are not made in japan anymore so they dont last long at all.

Im on my 4th Brake master in 15 years.

get a electric ignition if you can.

take picture of inside distributor

oh lets see the PCV set up what you have looks a little hoky.THATS WRONG!!!!!!!!

bottom manifold. then PCV valve then to the crank case.

most of us use the L16 set up and just swap it to the L20. however the L16 ports are small and need to be enlarged or portmatch to get the best performance(if any at all)

• Like 1

I helped export this truck from CA. Have you adjusted the brakes? the first day I had it I locked them up and it did a 360 in the middle of the street. interesting direction with the slot mags. Glad to see the truck went to somebody that is improving it. That's an authentic Bardon bumper on the back.

I'm the previous owner before laotsu. Glad you are taking care of "Blue."

She had a LZ22 when I bought her sometime in 2004-2006 and an S-10 stock seat. I personally found an original 521 seat, cleaned it and painted with Rust Doctor, then painted it, and recovered and new foam with a custom seat cover (about $200). She was good to me, but I had to upgrade. I like what you've done so far. I had plans, just not time. Those fenders are from a 72 that my friend painted for me because the original were not great around the headlights. I may have some parts from the 72 if you need anything. Let me know if you have any questions, I know most of the history of Blue. That L16 engine and tranny came from the 72 also. Had a 240Z wooden shift knob. The original transmission was noisy in 4th but still worked. I still have the LZ22 that was in it when I bought it. Sold her for way less than I thought she was worth, but wanted to see her go to the right home and I think she found it. Want to sell that old license plate frame?

Cheers!

buy spare hydralic parts when you can.most are not made in japan anymore so they dont last long at all.Im on my 4th Brake master in 15 years.get a electric ignition if you can.take picture of inside distributoroh lets see the PCV set up what you have looks a little hoky.THATS WRONG!!!!!!!!bottom manifold. then PCV valve then to the crank case.most of us use the L16 set up and just swap it to the L20. however the L16 ports are small and need to be enlarged or portmatch to get the best performance(if any at all)

Good advice!

I'll get the PCV sorted on rebuilding

69Dime is the guy I bought the truck from, maybe he can give you some history on it,

I'm the previous owner before laotsu. Glad you are taking care of "Blue."

She had a LZ22 when I bought her sometime in 2004-2006 and an S-10 stock seat. I personally found an original 521 seat, cleaned it and painted with Rust Doctor, then painted it, and recovered and new foam with a custom seat cover (about $200). She was good to me, but I had to upgrade. I like what you've done so far. I had plans, just not time. Those fenders are from a 72 that my friend painted for me because the original were not great around the headlights. I may have some parts from the 72 if you need anything. Let me know if you have any questions, I know most of the history of Blue. That L16 engine and tranny came from the 72 also. Had a 240Z wooden shift knob. The original transmission was noisy in 4th but still worked. I still have the LZ22 that was in it when I bought it. Sold her for way less than I thought she was worth, but wanted to see her go to the right home and I think she found it. Want to sell that old license plate frame?

Cheers!

Good to know some history, and thanks for getting in touch the other day.

Now ordering parts needed for the rebuild, looking forward to getting it sorted!