Thai Hood Bumpers & Prop Rod Clamp Kits: "Thick or Thin?" Quality?

Cardinal Grammeter

I need these parts and there are a bunch of them for sale as a complete kit for about $15 from Thailand.

I have a 74 620 and am thinking I need the White Clamp but I have no idea about the Thick or Thin bumpers since mine has none at all.

Haven't checked to see if parts are still available from Nissan.  Might consider a parts order since could use some SEM bolts w/ the 10mm heads.

Does anyone know what the quality of this stuff is?  Mostly will plastic clamp be durable?

Thanks

Tom

• Like 1
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the Thai stuff never ordered from there. However, here's the info on the prop rod clamp:

Jersey

09 Jun 2011

If anyone has a broken/missing hood rod clamp, they're still available from Nissan. I ordered mine today. Part #65514-55W00 Price: $4.35+Tax.

• Like 1

The 720 hood rod clamp 65514-H1000 supersedes the 620 65514-55W00 Or just take a walk through a wrecking yars. They were used on the...

Patrol

B-210

S-10 (200sx)

Pulsar NX

The A-10 (HL510) should work but the hood rod would need to be pulled forward to clip in.

• Like 1

What about the hood bumpers?  Are they still available?

Here is THIN and THICK in that order:  (I'm thinking just look at the gap and choose.  I'm guessing the hood should be a little loose in the bumpers or should it wedge in there?  Getting too OCD over this (haha) )

DSCF7695_zps92c3ab39.jpg

DSCF9214_zpsf275ece5.jpg

• Like 1

I purchased the thick kind for my 78 620 and I couldn't seem to fit them in the holes on the fender. Tried different ways too but they wouldn't pull through. Eventually broke 3 of them trying. Guess I can either buy new ones, or just glue them to the fender.

the plastic clip is good stuff though. I have the white one

• Like 1

I need these parts and there are a bunch of them for sale as a complete kit for about $15 from Thailand.

I have a 74 620 and am thinking I need the White Clamp but I have no idea about the Thick or Thin bumpers since mine has none at all.

Haven't checked to see if parts are still available from Nissan.  Might consider a parts order since could use some SEM bolts w/ the 10mm heads.

Does anyone know what the quality of this stuff is?  

Thanks

Tom

When I did my truck it had a thick and a thin. It now has all thick because I ordered those thinking they would replicate the original setup. I did not realize they were all the same size as it wasn't stated in the ebay ad when I got them.

Nissan did not have them when I looked, but maybe they have more now? 

I purchased the thick kind for my 78 620 and I couldn't seem to fit them in the holes on the fender. Tried different ways too but they wouldn't pull through. Eventually broke 3 of them trying. Guess I can either buy new ones, or just glue them to the fender.
the plastic clip is good stuff though. I have the white one

You have to grease them up pretty good with the stock ones. The overseas ones I got all broke. I said fuckit and used the right stuff and glued them on and they work well now. 

Don't buy these. They are pieces of shit. The same thing happened to me while trying to pull them through they busted. The quality is very poor. If you do find where to get some good ones let me know. I am still looking for some.

What he said ^

• Like 1

I looked on my fenders and there are two different sized holes for the hood bumpers - I think the big one is in the front - but that is academic since the Thai are the same part.

There are two different part numbers for the bumpers:

Front:  65806-H1000

Rear:  65806-B5000

BUT it looks like the H1000 is superseded by the B5000.  So one part number for two different sized holes? 

I assume the bumpers go in the ROUND holes and not the slots.  I think there are supposed to be bolts along the tops of the fenders but mine doesn't have any - they welded new tops on the inner fenders and there are no fasteners whatsoever along the top - I suspect they simply were too lazy to drill the holes???

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought the thick ones and had the same problem as everyone else with them breaking. Contacted seller and he said nobody ever had problems. I said cool I'm gonna make this work. Drilled a hole out where nipple broke off. Cut some bolts short enough and that were a little thicker than what I drilled out so when I screwed it in it would bite into the rubber. You can reach under the fender easy front and back to tighten them in. I was scared of two things:

1)That the bolts would just sheer through the cheap ass rubber right away

2) That they would eventually sheer through from vibration and because my hood fit nice and tight when I closed it down on them.

It worked great been driving it all over the place daily for about six months no problem all four nice and snug and no glue on my fenders! Fully removable. I'll post pictures if need be tmrw or something. It's worth buying them and doing. Hood don't rattle. Looks and operates like originals.

• Like 3

PS I tried ordering all four from nissanparts.cc and a month later just got one. The factory fronts are curved a bit because they fit right before the hood bends I believe. The backs are straight. That's my 2 cents. Hope I could help. It is really worth to do the bolt on method you can reuse them if you need to do any body work.

• Like 2

I ordered the thick ones for my 78 620, every single one of the bumpers broke so I took a small wood screw and a washer and screwed it into the rubber from the inner fender so now there not going anywhere. I would suggest this to anyone who buys the kit, just cut off or break off the ends and use a wood screw, it worked extremely well for me. Just don't use a screw to long. As for the hood rod clamp, its great. It is a little loose in the radiator support because I can move it back and forth but it has not come out of the hole or anything like that so atleast that worked out well. As for getting parts from the dealer, I live in riverside ca and the parts guy at my local dealer said that the parts are no longer avaible, although he was extremely cool to talk to because he worked for the first Datsun dealer in America in san diego and had been working for riverside Nissan since they opened. Aka Econo Riverside, as it was the import dealer in the 60s and 70s for riverside county

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Sounds like it might be worth simply cutting them out of a block of hard rubber.  (They used to have it all over the place in the model shop where I worked - where to get it now....)

Also, so these bumpers set the vertical height of the hood?  (since I can't find adjustable vertical bumpers on the core support, nor a place on the underside of the hood where they might bear?)

• Like 2