1981 datsun 1200 resto and rear independent suspension build

hi there guys/girls.  my names anton im from new zealand and am building up a datsun 1200 ute with rear independent suspension  set up, aswell as fully going over the body work to restore it to its former glory.. after an accident it was involved in.

thought i would put up some pictures etc share the build im doing.. as far as i know not many people have done a full irs in 1200 ute so will defiantly be one of a kind 

iv got most of my critical panels to get the main parts of the truck finished, iv used a datsun 510 sedan irs, had to shorten it a little bit to fit under the ute put its worked out pretty well after long hours of looking at it and figuring out the correct way of mounting it in and strengthening the chassis so it can be street legal and handle a good thrashing on the track etc.

still using the original a12 motor cause its just a good reliable motor so im just going to upgrade it and get abit more power in it along with the 5 speed it goes quite well.

just getting it all mocked up and sorted out will get more photos another time as iv added on to it all.

DSC_0414.jpgDSC_0423.jpgDSC_0425.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

The Ute will be different than the Sedan as far as the rear end goes.  Datsunfreak on here, i think, has done this.  Look for the thread "got some work done on the 1200 today".  Very extensive and informative thread.