Nismo Fiesta 2015, Austin TX -Over-pics start on page 5

Rhapakatui

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest, if you do that, coming to the show on Sunday and leaving early. There was some cool stuff that showed up Sunday last year. Saturday will definitely be a blast though.

I hope you guys can make it.

Roughly 800 miles in a Datsun (well mine anyway; 1200/4spd) in one day?  As they say in your part of the country....."that dog won't hunt".

However, if we roll down in the wife's Challenger, leaving halfway through Sunday would not be an issue. B)

• 2 weeks later...

-Copied from the Nismo Fiesta Facebook page-

Reminder - Nismo Fiesta Registration opens 3 days!
This year Nismo Fiesta will be held in Austin, TX from May 22nd through May 24th this year.
Nismo Fiesta will feature all of the following:
- Opening banquet dinner featuring a memorial to the late Mr. K
- A full day of Driving School at Austin's own Driveway racetrack.
- For those not attending the driving school, the option of a lively cruise and lunch break through Austin's hill country is also available.
- A night party will be held on the ground of the host hotel
- A car show on the final day of the event will supply not only the largest all Datsun/Nissan/Infiniti car show in the country; but also a onsite dyno, a full karting experience on the Driveway racetrack, various vendor booth from all over Texas and an army of raffle prizes to boot!
The Nismo Fiesta Staff has been working hard to make this the largest and best event we have ever done. We appreciate all our fan support and look forward to seeing you all very soon. We appreciate your patience as we prep to launch our registration through our website, NismoFiesta.com
Sincerely,
Miles Hall

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dang, I wanna go. I could if I could afford a hotel room which I can't. I'll be lucky to scrap up the money to get my bumper put (which I need cus I don't have turn signals and my state inspection is out.) I'll try to see if I can have my 210 ready and trying to get some cash so I can go for a Sat/Sun deal. 

You gotta show up! Even if it's just for the Sunday show. It's gonna be a blast. I'd say come Saturday night too. We're gonna party our asses off.

Anyway, you gotta be there just to see the Goon you almost parted out and hang out at the Ratsun booth.

The hotel is a bit steep on a Ratsun budget, but I'm sure there are cheap places around. Last year I stayed in a roach motel econolodge down the road. This year, the wife is coming so we're in the fancy host hotel, but that's not required to be part of the festivities.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I just found this thread and am throwing my hat in the ring.  I will be there in the Seven.  Yeah, you heard me right.  I am going to drive my A-15 powered "Lotus" Seven down this year if it kills me!  I'll probably wind up bunking on my brother's sofa in Round Rock (unless someone has floor/bed space in their hotel room) so I don't know how many of the days I'll make, probably a Sat/Sun appearance, sort of thing.  Of course the pooibility of a  new job looms on the horizon so Fri/Sat/Sun may not be out of the question.  I need to make discussing with John, Patrick (both of whose Ratsun handles I forget), Lonestar, and any other dFW Ratsuns planning to attend to see who will be caravanning with me to keep me out frumunda eighteen-wheelers and such.  Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

With less than a month left, there has been quite a bit of activity on Nismo Fiesta's Facebook page.  You can view it here. https://www.facebook.com/NismoFiestaNo facebook profile required.  

My favorite post by them as if late.

"The Ratsun boys are coming in full force this year and are Frankenstein-Ingrid their own one of a kind trophy. Considering their innovations as of late, we are very excited to see them come out again this year!"

I think he meant Frankensteining.