I call her Asadachi (76 B210)

JakeDM

This is my first car, a 76 B210 with 72xxx miles on it!

picked it up for $250 about a month ago, and since then i have been busy finding subtle ways to improve it on an almost nonexistent budget, as i am an 18 yr old student...

Pics:

hO3luZi.jpg

kHvtOqB.jpg

Qqtkejy.jpg

gXt2UxR.jpg

kHmT4b1.jpg

Oz3TuS5.jpg

future plans:

wheels (toyota cressida style?)

lowered front struts 

3" lowering blocks in rear

muffler delete, add resonator

fender mirrors for JDM street cred

back spoiler wing etc. 

fog lights

do something cool w/ the exhaust

I have some questions for the knowledgeable sages of Ratsun:

How can i squeeze extra power out of the a14? I want to do an emissions delete and exhaust

if i do go an engine swap route...what is the simplest route to ~130 hp?

what direction would you go with my B210? i value any and all input

Thanks for looking.

• Like 4
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, nice car. Wow what a deal.

There have been some amazing things done to the humble B210. I like to Google "custom Datsun B210" and peruse the Images for ideas.

On the A14;

First get a hold of a factory electronic ignition.

Second, clean the entire fuel system.

Third, do a full and systematic tune-up as shown on www.datsun1200.com wiki section. 

It is surprising what the above will get you.

For 100+ HP the only way (on a budget) is to turbo/supercharge it. The stock A14 can handle a bit of boost. Search the projects section for all of the information needed.

If you decide to increase the HP, please first increase the braking power. 280z strut/brake swap is probably the best way. To lower the front, search datsunmike for his lock collar method.

Some may say to do a Weber 32/36 swap...I disagree, the low mileage carburetor on your "B" is the way to go. If you go the boost route you can still use your original carb.

Listen to datsunmike, he knows what he is talking about...ggzilla is the guru of all A series powered cars.

• Like 1

if i do go an engine swap route...what is the simplest route to ~130 hp?

If you get a front crossmember from a 68-73 510 it will bolt right into your car, then an L-series engine becomes almost a bolt-in affair. A warmed over L18/L20b would suit your power goals and not be too expensive/difficult. 

Some may say to do a Weber 32/36 swap...I disagree, the low mileage carburetor on your "B" is the way to go. If you go the boost route you can still use your original carb.

I am a big fan of using the 1200 carb on this engine. Swap the jets with your carb and it's basically a bolt-on. Same size but zero emissions crap on it. 

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...

Lol, I own this car now. He must not have owned it very long. I picked it up early this year (2016), possibly at the end of December '15 - I don't quite remember. I traded it for my 1987 Stanza 4WD. 

Car was super dirty when I got it. spiderwebs, dirt, grit, grime all over it. 

I got it from an Asian guy (can't remember his name) he said it was his brothers car and I'm sure he said it was in Port Townsend. 

My girlfriend and I brought our little baby girl home in it late summer of this year, so it has a little sentimental value to me.

I've put some polish work into it since i've got it. Cleaned up the engine bay, installed a new weber, removed all that emissions junk and put some old Z car option wheels on it. I daily drive this car and love it.

Some dope installed a massive 6" tach and screwed it right onto the dash. That was removed immediately. bumpers are put back on and body damage was popped out (crudely). I found an old registration in it from a guy who lived in port townsend who owned a contruction company in like 2004?

anyway.. pic.. 

20160803_204434_zpswis4bvse.jpg

• Like 1

Good save mhub91

Looks much better with all of his original pieces in all the right places.

How does the car handles with those wheels? Are those 14's or 13's?

Do they hit the fenders in sharp turns?

I am curious b/c I have a set and they look awesome on your B210.

I am Thinking of cleaning mine up and rocking them too.

Lol, I own this car now. He must not have owned it very long. I picked it up early this year (2016), possibly at the end of December '15 - I don't quite remember. I traded it for my 1987 Stanza 4WD. 

Car was super dirty when I got it. spiderwebs, dirt, grit, grime all over it. 

I got it from an Asian guy (can't remember his name) he said it was his brothers car and I'm sure he said it was in Port Townsend. 

My girlfriend and I brought our little baby girl home in it late summer of this year, so it has a little sentimental value to me.

I've put some polish work into it since i've got it. Cleaned up the engine bay, installed a new weber, removed all that emissions junk and put some old Z car option wheels on it. I daily drive this car and love it.

Some dope installed a massive 6" tach and screwed it right onto the dash. That was removed immediately. bumpers are put back on and body damage was popped out (crudely). I found an old registration in it from a guy who lived in port townsend who owned a contruction company in like 2004?

anyway.. pic.. 

20160803_204434_zpswis4bvse.jpg

Good save mhub91

How does the car handles with those wheels? Are those 14's or 13's?

Do they hit the fenders in sharp turns?

I am curious b/c I have a set and they look awesome on your B210.

I am Thinking of cleaning mine up and rocking them too.

I have an excel sheet I made that I'll try and find that has all the max size wheel/tires you can run on a B210, based on empirical evidence. Big tire/wheel combos tend to hit the inside drivers footwell/firewall (I.e., right under your foot) before hitting anything else, other spot is very tip of the corner of the fender at the bottom of the front of the arch of the front fender, this can be bent back or removed and is not noticeable. Also, this depends a bit on your fender fitment as I've noticed it can vary a good 1/2 inch from side to side depending on when the fenders were produced.

Thanks!

The wheels are 14x5.5 and have 185/60/14 and it handles very well. Looks perfect too. Not too much tire, but doesn't look like too thin of tire either. The wheels are darn near flush and don't poke out at all. I HATE that poked look....

I think a 185/65 might be too much tire. A 60 series looks excellent.

I will be putting some 13x6.5 Hayashi wheels on. I think I will go with some 185/60/13 on the Hayashi. It will be lowered on ZX coil overs too

• Like 1

On a side note. Does anyone know how I can get contact owner for previous owner? How can i find their email? Admin provide that info?

Even though they are not on the site you can try still messaging them, depending on how they have it setup it will forward to their email.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

The wheels are 14x5.5 and have 185/60/14 and it handles very well. Looks perfect too. Not too much tire, but doesn't look like too thin of tire either. The wheels are darn near flush and don't poke out at all. I HATE that poked look....

I think a 185/65 might be too much tire. A 60 series looks excellent.

I will be putting some 13x6.5 Hayashi wheels on. I think I will go with some 185/60/13 on the Hayashi. It will be lowered on ZX coil overs too

Sounds like a good plan, I wish I could run 13s sometimes. Are the Hayashis one of the 13s that fit over the ZX rotors?

• Like 1

Sounds like a good plan, I wish I could run 13s sometimes. Are the Hayashis one of the 13s that fit over the ZX rotors?

I can't say for sure that these wheels will clear, however i placed a wheel on the strut when it was on the bench and it appeared to clear just fine.

So, I've decided to hold off on restoring these particular wheels and wait to buy tires until everything else is done. If I buy stuff too early it could be a costly mistake.

Sweet B!  Quick question...is your paint code sticker still legible?  It's worn off of mine, and yours is the first one I've seen with my same color.  It would be awesome if you could take a photo of it!

Color code 224