The Road Dog

denmarkboy

Hey there ratsun community! I am glad to be joining your ranks today, as I have purchased the road dog from demnarkboy today! Thanks again Al!

I'm excited to start contributing to this thread and the community.

I'll be cleaning the engine compartment first.

I also have a project in mind to possibly convert the bottom of the bed into an oldschool slatted wood style bottom.

Updates soon. Excited to own my first datsun.

• Like 5
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am glad to see you joined the Ratsun community , but as far as first post goes it was kinda a fail . Sorry dude but if I dont tell ya many others will ,.

You dont have to call the truck the road dog ,but you can if you like . You just need to start a new thread , close to what you did here . And if you arent set up for pictures i can throw up a couple for you . 

Welcome all the same Bro d  y ....  I can't wait to see it evolve into your truck ! 

P.S. hit up your sidekick  ( Rhino13 ) he can set you up . 

• Like 3

Welcome :)

You must understand the old school beds, the wood was the top and bottom, so it could breath when it got wet, and more importantly it would dry out because the wood was open to the air on the bottom also, if you put wood on top of the metal in your box, it will eventually rust and rot out as the water has no where to go, keep that in mind when you are making your plans.

Hey there ratsun community! I am glad to be joining your ranks today, as I have purchased the road dog from demnarkboy today! Thanks again Al!

I also have a project in mind to possibly convert the bottom of the bed into an oldschool slatted wood style bottom.

I almost bought truck b-4 D-boy got it. GOOD TRUCK!! If u eventually sell it let me know.

I almost bought truck b-4 D-boy got it. GOOD TRUCK!! If u eventually sell it let me know.

I'm not letting him make the mistake of selling his first Datsun! I regret selling the first two I had, but I got way more than I paid and really needed money. So let's hope that was the last time that will happen!

• Like 1

Lol thanks d-boy and everyone else for the welcome.

Ill start a new build thread soon. And as for the wood bed i wouldnt just lay wood ontop of the metal, ive had rust experiences with bed liners already...

Im gonna keep refering to the truck as the road dog for now.

Decarbonizing the engine and dealing with vacuum leaks is priority one, since i believe a vacuum leak to be resposible for it stalling when in neutral sometimes.

• Like 1