The Road Dog

denmarkboy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the whole 720 spring on the older truck gig , but it cost me 30 a set and i have to pull em . and if all i m looking for is a couple of inches, it just easier to do blocks and u bolt foe 25 brand new . and i only have to tear down one truck not 2 .

if i was trying to get low with that truck or any older truck i would start with 720 4x4 springs . but just seems like more work for the same result on that build .  

• Like 1

You can get 4X4 leafs for $30.00 a set?

That is a deal, there are guys selling them for a $100.00 a set, where is this place your getting such good deals.

I get the whole 720 spring on the older truck gig , but it cost me 30 a set and i have to pull em . and if all i m looking for is a couple of inches, it just easier to do blocks and u bolt foe 25 brand new . and i only have to tear down one truck not 2 .

if i was trying to get low with that truck or any older truck i would start with 720 4x4 springs . but just seems like more work for the same result on that build .  

• Like 2

With the leaf spring swap there is no problem adjusting the rear brakes because of the blocks being in the way. 

Then tell Wayno where to get them for the $30 a pair.  I got a pair for $35 at the 1/2 off turkey day at Ecology.

Also I hope that everyone interested in winning the Canby truck makes a donation to Denmarkboy to help offset some of the expense he is absorbing.  I know Ratsun people and Datsun people are inherently cheap but come on dig a little!  Those quarters add up to dollars in the end.  It will make you fell GOOD!  LOL

• Like 2

With the leaf spring swap there is no problem adjusting the rear brakes because of the blocks being in the way. 

Then tell Wayno where to get them for the $30 a pair.  I got a pair for $35 at the 1/2 off turkey day at Ecology.

Also I hope that everyone interested in winning the Canby truck makes a donation to Denmarkboy to help offset some of the expense he is absorbing.  I know Ratsun people and Datsun people are inherently cheap but come on dig a little!  Those quarters add up to dollars in the end.  It will make you fell GOOD!  LOL

The wrecking yards of cali is about the only thing i miss about that state . well the blondes,surf,cars close 2nd's 

but here its quality over quantity 

• Like 1

i didnt pull the blue visors , but i could go back and get them . the mudflaps i must claim as my own sorry they were just to nice .

I understand, they are nice. My nice set is out there somewhere. Yeah, If you go back and those blue visors are still there. I'll throw you some dollars for them. How did the blue dash look?

Im gonna take a guess that this is the truck that your pulling from.

IMAG4110_zpsinegtkny.jpg

I still can't believe how many 720s with parts you came across. Thinking about it, even if the dash has small cracks, I will most likely want that sucker. I noticed it has what looks like a factory radio in it. My radio area is cut up because at some time someone put an aftermarket in and it must not if fit with out cutting. Let me know! This is the most exciting thing to happen to me I'm 2015 so far! Those mud flaps look great on your truck by the way, cleaned up like cherry. I envy you sir.

• Like 1

Happy new year! This is mine.

imagejpg8_zpsbf517603.jpg

If the blue dash is crack free, ill definitely want it at just about any price!

i tried to get over for a picture , it doesnt look like i will get another chance until monday .but i will update you with more info and what he wants for it . 

And Happy New Years to you as well

• Like 1

LOOKING GOOD! 

Is it for sale yet?      :poke:

your funny ! I just wanted to show the youngster what it could of been on the cheap and quick .  :devil:

Actually it runs drives and stops to well just to let it sit or worse go to crusher . The truck is at about 80 % back to itself or better . did the exhaust , and tune it & oil change . the windshield should be tomorrow , the glass cost me 50 and i have to get a new rubber . 

and i got a print for my tailgate getting made today just like the one on steve's red truck . 

Not bad for and old guy and 4 days .

• Like 3

took the gauges apart , and found the plugs for the tach and the clock already their taped to the rest of the wiring . But the speedo was different so i switched it all around . also threw in some tech as well, pioneer nav,dvd,cd,.switched seats  threw a short term patch on the floor with some flex seal and some new carpet and console . 

IMAG4155_zpspaqdiopf.jpgIMAG4156_zpsrfpg1unt.jpgIMAG4159_zpsrlcmmhdu.jpgIMAG4160_zpspjfnkstj.jpgIMAG4161_zpslbvetezo.jpgIMAG4162_zpstsncojvb.jpgIMAG4163_zpserj3m9fx.jpgIMAG4164_zpspyjaa7v8.jpgIMAG4165_zpsop9yy1z5.jpgIMAG4166_zpsledmaon0.jpg

• Like 2

I was just looking at your various posts and I think if you are going to buy another place you should look for one with a multilevel parking garage.  LOL

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoAumA3Hzv53fQzoLPTWdKHyY8Q_EpVI8lGtZW5MgoDiEQOBG9

wait ! are those solar panels ? im in ! Looks like my new HQ .  :w00t:

• Like 1