The Road Dog

denmarkboy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see any good black center storage boxes, or for that matter any color that were good?

I need 2 of them right now, I have a few consoles, 3 different types actually, I thought there were only two types, but somehow I ended up with a 3rd different style.

i will have to go back and look tomorrow , i have ocd , for real , i went there for the black console and ended up getting 4 extras , mirrors, 2 sets of mud flaps, 2 floor coverings , and apparently a pretty cool cluster . i didnt notice that either . pretty cool.

• Like 1

the funn

Did you see any good black center storage boxes, or for that matter any color that were good?

I need 2 of them right now, I have a few consoles, 3 different types actually, I thought there were only two types, but somehow I ended up with a 3rd different style.

The funny thing wayno is I had like 7 to choose from , and not one center box, now that i know your looking i will keep my eyes open .

• Like 1

If you go back check the build date on the driver side door jamb.  I am serious in that cluster.  I am going to check my manuals in the morning as I have OT (OldsTimer) syndrome.

Also look for a black center console box.  LOL

i am pretty sure it came out of this truck . 

IMAG4114_zps4svr8j6a.jpg

4X4 720 trucks don't have center console boxes, the transfer case shift lever is in the way, only the 2wd kingcabs have center boxes.

imagejpg6_zpsaceaf391.jpg

If you go back check the build date on the driver side door jamb.  I am serious in that cluster.  I am going to check my manuals in the morning as I have OT (OldsTimer) syndrome.

Also look for a black center console box.  LOL

• Like 1

There is a guy on here looking for a decent 720 blue tray, the one on the passenger side below the glove box, and an un-cracked blue dash, I suggested he buy a blue cover on ebay though.

It is I who seeks the blue interior pieces! :ninja: That's also my 4x4 blue interior shot that my guy Wayno showed above. Glad to help in anyway friends. I'm amazed at all the little differences in the 720 interiors and it's fun to see y'alls photos. Heck, yesterday I came across a guys photo on here showing a 720 door panel that didn't have a factory arm rest, just a strap handle like the "oh shit handle" above the passengers head, crazy right. I really just can't believe how many Datsun 720 trucks you came across out picking in one damn glorious God filled day denmarkboy! It's even more amazing that there is so much there. :w00t: In the last seven months of picking at least once a month, I can count five 720s I've came across and maybe a seat belt was still bolted in the cab. That's the only way I could even tell what colors the interiors were on some. Then there is that late model gauge cluster you just found with all the rare colors! Are you the most blessed ratsun member there is? It looks pretty damn stock and clean to me. Looking at that sweet ass decal-ed truck it came off, it had to be a rare special run. The colors of that cluster match the loud colors of the exterior. I imagine only something like 10% of the trucks came with sport stripes on them, and I'll bet mostly by special order. I would be curious to what the identification badge says, if it has something different or a clue. The Datsun gods are very pleased with you bro, good pieces are attracted to you. Heck if I came across all those good pieces I would just take my time making a small fortune on the classifieds here. Ratsun members who need them for their own rigs and then guys who just unknowingly start collecting would buy everything that is good here I guarantee. Plus these pieces will only get harder to find and they will go to good use. That's my plan, if I ever come across ANY good piece of a Datsun. :devil:

• Like 2

Maybe because I'm in Southern California? They do seem to rotate the floors decently fast. Nothing sits for years. But man, even finding D21s is getting harder. Maybe it's because people around here wont let them die and appreciate them still. As you can imagine, foreign mini trucks are like Ferraris going a little south of me across the border. Not rusting away here like other states probably has something to do with it as well. Plus there is always the regulars at yards that hang out where the fresh cars get dropped everyday. Like vultures they can take it down to frame in minutes. I guarantee this is what happened to the ones I have found. No good foreign truck part here gets crushed.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

i am pretty sure it came out of this truck .

IMAG4114_zps4svr8j6a.jpg

Look at this thing! I really can't get over it. That's the koolest exterior scheme I've ever seen on a 720. And if that gauge is a OG, the interior sounds fun to look at too. It looks straight and original from this one photo. And look at the open seem on the bed, no rust! Even mine has little bubbles coming under the paint. That's amazing. This is the weird 1983/84 year with the single wall bed with rope ties still from the early ones. But they moved the tail lights to the corners and left the reverse light down low still. It's the in between bed because they went to the dual wall smooth sides after. I want to say that this thing being rare colors, 4x4, kingcab, and being the crazy in between years 720 that would of been one of the first badged NISSAN, would of been worth a small fortune to a collector if it was all there. Even that cluster has all the options. To bad someone gave up on it. Also, is that factory wheel well trim on the bed!? Who has seen that before?
  • Like 1

I am trying to do like 20 things today and none are going very fast , abd that dam cluster is stuck in my head ! so i check here to see if anyone came up with anything surprising . Thanks for the info by the way . 

Butt with no solid leads i decided to grab it clean it up and give er a good once over . 

AND QUESS WHAT I FOUND ! 

Some one has taken the gauge cluster apart and hand painted all the needles gold with red tips , they put a piece of gold flake in the center of the clock and marked the hours with some kind of purple gem , and as you would expect at this point the tach and gas gauge have been painted as well !

oh yeah and some gem of a shift light also ?  :rofl:

And so back to work i go. 

IMAG4131_zpsexhbp4ed.jpgIMAG4130_zpsp6uxdjn6.jpgIMAG4129_zps2uk93fgl.jpgIMAG4128_zpsdg4upmoc.jpgIMAG4127_zpsou768wxy.jpg

• Like 2

Look at this thing! I really can't get over it. That's the koolest exterior scheme I've ever seen on a 720. And if that gauge is a OG, the interior sounds fun to look at too. It looks straight and original from this one photo. And look at the open seem on the bed, no rust! Even mine has little bubbles coming under the paint. That's amazing. This is the weird 1983/84 year with the single wall bed with rope ties still from the early ones. But they moved the tail lights to the corners and left the reverse light down low still. It's the in between bed because they went to the dual wall smooth sides after. I want to say that this thing being rare colors, 4x4, kingcab, and being the crazy in between years 720 that would of been one of the first badged NISSAN, would of been worth a small fortune to a collector if it was all there. Even that cluster has all the options. To bad someone gave up on it. Also, is that factory wheel well trim on the bed!? Who has seen that before?

yeah i was pretty bummed to see this thing sitting in the yard yesterday . and i did pull the mud flaps and splash guards for another member here . .       Even more depressing the other side looks just the same . I could not find where it had been wrecked , just looked stripped to me . 

• Like 1

Yeah, it would take some time and commitment to restyle a dash like that. Maybe he did it when he had a repair and was in their anyways. I'm gonna call the story like this, based off just the one photo and that dash. It was most likely owned by one guy most its life. He ordered it just like he wanted it and loved it everyday. He obviously kept it stored inside and took great care of it his entire life. He passed away. Worst part is he forgot to, or willed his truck inappropriately. Some ass clown snobby ass prick with to much money, rather to much debt, inherited it and didn't know what it was besides "old." Since it was old, this piece of shit instantly omitted it and considered it junk taking up a garage. Ignorant to the gem and its condition for the age, all due to the love from his forefather, he scrapped it. Damnit man, it's just sad. Really bummed no one snagged it along the way. Just look at it and imagine it all there. Hell, even missing whatever part of the drive train that might of been its demise, it was still valuable in that shape. If I was a millionaire I'd have my helicopter go pick up what ever was left right now and I'd be on a mission. Poor truck.  :crying:

• Like 2

i did score so good stuff , i was looking for a good floor covering , found a perfect one . Only problem is is for a 620 & its blue . butit is perfect no holes , no rips . guess it will just go in a tub and get put in the shed for later .  

IMAG4134_zpscq8tiwfj.jpg

So ahh...  :sleep:  Anybody got dibs on those blue sun visors and DATSUN mud flaps?  :angel: I might know a guy...

That is so funny about the cluster.  I am still interested in the cluster.  I like unique items.  I bought Tankers 521 gauge cluster that some one had painted white faces on the gauges.

The springs on that 4x4 would lower the rear of the Canby give away truck 1.5 to 2" just by swapping the springs.

• Like 1

That is so funny about the cluster.  I am still interested in the cluster.  I like unique items.  I bought Tankers 521 gauge cluster that some one had painted white faces on the gauges.

The springs on that 4x4 would lower the rear of the Canby give away truck 1.5 to 2" just by swapping the springs.

copy charlie if you want it you can have it for the 20 i paid  for it + shipping 20 . otherwise it will go on the shelf with the rest .lolIMAG4136_zpsuzjxt3th.jpgIMAG4137_zpsz8myyhdl.jpg

IMAG4135_zps5j7xps3p.jpg

• Like 1