The Soaring 521

a6m-zero

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have an issue that I need to address with the gurus. I have noticed when I turn off the truck it wants to continue to putt and sputter. I have trying to mess with the timing and got it where it needs to be and still no resolve. I have also tried messing with the weber carb and still nothing. Any other thing ps I should try or look at?

• Like 1

Forget it, the only way your going to get the engine to die in neutral is to set the engine up so that it will die even when you don't want it to die, and performance will likely suffer, just do what Kevin said, come to a stop, put it in first, put your right foot on the brake, turn the key off and let out the clutch at the same time, I have been doing this for decades as I have dual SUs which don't have a fuel cutoff, and neither does the weber, that is why Nissan put the fuel cutoff in the carburetors, it cannot be fixed.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

so this little beauty has made its way back to my place , 

time for some much needed upgrades ,steering column , disc brakes , king pins ,5 spd ,  a muffler ( lol ) that one is for you Kie . Dam this thing is loud . 

so get ready for some updates on this thread . 

here is the 1 st  , trucks at my place . it has been since the weekend I took Rick his new truck . I think that was last weekend but who knows i cant keep track anymore . 

IMAG4902_zps5bxgh1hr.jpg

stay tuned for more updates 

• Like 1