1986 nissan sentra

this car has been sitting since 2002. has a little over a 100k miles. the only things that i am worried about is the fact that it has a carburetor and it has to be smogged. i figured i would post some pics of it and see what you guys think and see if it worth fixing up. i think it has potential. btw it does run.

65E451EF-7DA1-4A13-9E7F-0A9909BF56CA_zps

7D046D5D-2C24-46CA-9576-8DE766FC456C_zps

B02ADF42-C5DF-4A4D-B892-96E5C44BF51B_zps

02632EC9-84E8-46AB-830F-FA9A160F45F8_zps

besides the rat crap all over the engine, it doesnt look all that bad!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife had an 86 2 door when I met her.  That was a great running driving car and would easily do near 40mpg highway.  It is an interference engine, i found out the hard way.  So, change the belt and tensioner asap if you decide to keep / drive it.  I think my belt went at 90k and I had to pull the head and replace bent valves.  Also, grab a headlight relay from a junk yard and keep as a spare, mine went all wonky on a night drive one time.

That's the hatch. If I'm not mistaken those hatch backs were 4 wheel or AWD or whatever. 

Cool find.  Even with the aligator wiring I'd swoop on it.  They make a weber adapter for the early sentra motors which yours is.  You can tell by the valve cover.  The newer ones were straight on the front edge - GA16, yours is the older one.