1982 Datsun Nissan Sunny/Sentra B11 - Shakotan Build

Hi I'm Matt literally just joined this site now,

Here is my new project over the winter that I cannot wait to start. It's a 1982 Datsun Nissan Sunny B11 which is a rare car these days and has 37k miles on the clock. It was restored in 2006 I believe and had all the arches done etc. quite extensive amount of work which has now made it in mint condition. The guy I purchased it off has installed a custom race exhaust (made by BroSport Race and Development) and began small mods on the car. My plan is to keep it original and retro but with some subtle mods such as new wheels, lower it, few engine mods etc.. but other than that I love the car the way it is.

Here's some pictures of when I got the car:

rqaHuno.jpg

Rmgzl2D.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the club man! That thing looks so nice  :w00t: Love the color.

I got a B11 wagon ! Check it out on the Other Datsuns and Nissans Section titled "Da Grille"

thanks a lot man! yeah I was reading up on yours it's awesome!

Picked up the new wheels the other day and they're a bit different from the usual wheels I love them! they are lotus eclat wheels

• Like 1

YazmNs5.jpg

@Fat510 just for you haha here's the van with my new wheels put next to it haha

whoa dude, that's cool :thumbup:

thanks man

your other car is cool too haha i've seen your car on the other site and its super nice :D

• Like 1

whoa dude, that's cool :thumbup:

thanks man

your other car is cool too haha i've seen your car on the other site and its super nice :D

wow thanks man haha never realised it was cool (they're not really in uk) but it's my dads so i'll be sure to let him know haha

• Like 1

thanks a lot man! yeah I was reading up on yours it's awesome!

Picked up the new wheels the other day and they're a bit different from the usual wheels I love them! they are lotus eclat wheels

What kinda wheels?

What kinda wheels?

XqtJFve.jpg

They are some old 14" Lotus eclat/elite wheels with some big stretched tyres :) haven't got a brilliant picture yet of what they'll look like but here's a picture of them rested up against the datsun you get a rough idea what they'll look like! 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

dude! those look SICK! now git em' on!

On another note, your stickers will be coming once Paypal finishes the Transaction =P

Thanks a lot man! Just need to get some wheel nuts sorted as the ones I have are too short :/ but yes thank you man I look forward to recieving them :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'M SO HAPPY

Basically today was filled with a lots of swearing (mainly at the weather) but also a major step in the right direction for the sunny. Finally solved the heavy steering and death trap suspension setup on the bloody thing and fitted it with some custom Volkswagen polo coilovers which were fabricated to fit by my buddy henry.

First line of duty for today was removing the old front suspension so it was ready for the new coilovers to be put in when they turned up. This was rather exciting because soon as we started to do this it bloody started snowing!! :D Much to my dads amusement the snow didn't stop us and we managed to get it done (I say we..I complained it was too cold and sat in the garage taking pictures haha)

s0dYBKn.jpg

Poor old henry turned up later on in the day in his awesome Citroen (representing RRG 14') which I felt deserved a picture..

TCZyyqy.jpg

It was starting to get dark at this point and henry's alternator belt snapped on the way down. Kudos to henry he drove up from Southampton which is like a 2 and a half hours away from me so I was beyond thankful for him doing that for me. Me and my dad then got to work on fitting these coilovers before it was too dark and sure enough they weren't too much of a swear word to fit. Went in really nicely but we didn't really adjust them much for now we just whacked them on so it could be driven back to the garage. 

They are basically Volkswagen (VW) Polo coilovers that have been quite heavily fabricated in order to fit the sunny, the Top mounts were drilled a further 2mm to fit the polo bigger size and shims had to be made for the bottom bolt bits so did require some work to get them to fit.

dvJL6Bt.jpg

I took it for a quick test drive and was so so happy because it has fixed the horrible twang noise of the old springs twisting and pinging out of the cup. Basically the last owner had put the wrong lowering springs on the car and they were just twisting and banging every time you turned the steering wheel, the steering was also stupidly stiff and was barely drive-able.

This is a major step now because all that needs doing is the new brake pads and discs going on and then all the cool stuff like wheels and external oil cooler and J stuff can go on the car and begin the shakotan transformation!!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

BIG UPDATE!

At last...the wheels are on and I couldn't be happier, athough there is about a 2 inch arch gap and I can't go lower I still think it looks awesome. Might possibly get some chunky tyres to fill the arch gap or look for some 15" wheels but for the time being I'm chuffed.

Today I put on all the parts I had laying around on i.e. stickers, japan stuff and the wheels with the new wheel nuts.

I am still having to modify the center caps to fit so looks crap without them but i'll let you see the pics now and stop rambling on.

F85AicA.jpg

tnvMfKS.jpg

PzxPYpz.jpg

n1kIgD4.jpg

• Like 3