Lowered trucks are for sissies (Or how i learned to stop scraping and love the bog)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I question the insight of someone who races a truck on a road course. How can they be qualified to judge what is, or is not sissy when they can't even choose the right tool for the job.

BULLSHIT.  They race Camaros on road courses don't they?  Framed vehicle with solid axle rear.  What's the difference?  You must not remember my autocross vehicle two seasons previous.  And I beat a Porsche quite regularly.  And I can attest a lowered hardbody can easily hold 115 mph in a tight sweeper, not only with this racetruck, but the previous KA racetruck.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/55815-project-chump-truckautocross-truck-d21/

I would go find my pictures from 2004 with the other race hardbody, but that would require more effort than I'm willing to spend. ;)

• Like 2

They were man enough to race in a factory spec race class, and most of those other drivers had other race vehicles. They had a true passion for racing, taking every opportunity to get a drive. A real racer appreciates the parts that make it go, not just the aesthetics, like a sissy who's at the back of the pack... or a few laps down worrying about his helmet hair lol.

-Robert

• Like 1

I question the insight of someone who races a truck on a road course. How can they be qualified to judge what is, or is not sissy when they can't even choose the right tool for the job.

at the Historic races this year at PIR, its raining and this guy in 510 wagon race car, is dead last and keeps spinning out. yeah good choice for building a race car. everyone else is tearing up the track...goon not so much

BULLSHIT.  They race Camaros on road courses don't they?  Framed vehicle with solid axle rear.  What's the difference?  You must not remember my autocross vehicle two seasons previous.  And I beat a Porsche quite regularly.  And I can attest a lowered hardbody can easily hold 115 mph in a tight sweeper, not only with this racetruck, but the previous KA racetruck.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/55815-project-chump-truckautocross-truck-d21/

I would go find my pictures from 2004 with the other race hardbody, but that would require more effort than I'm willing to spend. ;)

No offense intended HRH, but I can see why you'd be offended. I'm not questioning your ability to build a fast truck though, just the logic of racing a heavier tool oriented vehicle rather than a car on a road course. I'd be willing to bet against you if your truck were competing against... say a 510, that you built.

I am questioning the logic of using a Camaro as an example for why road racing a truck makes sense? I do believe this is flawed reasoning.

Actually, I'd bet on the truck if in stock form.  Much wider track width, the white truck only weighed 2600 pounds.  500 pounds heavier than a 510.  A modified box flare 510?  Yeah, maybe not so much.  Don't forget though, on a smooth track, IRS means nothing to solid axle.  And I'm not offended, I'm just calling bullshit.   :D

The only difference between a 2wd hardbody and a Camaro is the shape of the body and the size of the motor.  They're both body on frame with solid axle rears.  (Old Camaros anyway)

And here is just one autocross result for the white hardbody from 2013, note S3 HS class.  Oh, what's that?  First?  Yeah!   ;)

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/files/AUTOSPORTSNW/event%20-9_fin.htm

OoooohK   so drive your "racetruck" over,,  and we will put the wheels and tires on it ( that are on truck in video) ... and see how far it gets into the swamp.. 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i took the truck in video to Pick N Pull 2 1/2 hours north through Seattle traffic to  lynnwood twice last week and to Chehalis this morning ( 34 degrees and raining)  so me and FAT510 could get some breakfast at Sunbirds.. Could your "racetruck" do that?

And yeah Camaros only have frame in front,, not whole length of car.

-Robert

When i was young the crabbers my age bought the shit outta those things  IROC Zs... I was riding in one that rolled over out by Miller Jr highschool in Aberdeen and another that spun around so hard into curb in front of Seafirst bank downtown,,,,,,, the center section of the rearend was outside the car..

Alcohol, drugs and tuned port injection don't mix.

I thought using funny music in video would help "indicate" if you will ,,,,,,,,,,, i was not being serious. 

Notice 2001 theme song is really bad????  and then THE hillbilliest version on black betty ever recorded??

Nobody ?? 

Bueller??

LOL!!  I will be repeating this line to others, I know it.

If I never get anything out of Ratsun, other than poking fun at all the diehard datsun old dudes, it will be that... and it will be all worth it.

-Robert

We were young once

tumblr_n2kh8fgCYS1qingg5o1_500_zps7caacb