Datsloco's Oregon ! , Monthly meetings

denmarkboy

I think that's along the same lines we were talking about at the last North group meet,the BBQ at Shawn Drawdy's place.  we also talked about attending some of the "cars N Coffee" events as a group. 

while we're on the subject of upcoming Datslocos Oregon meets,  Denmark Boy's group has a meet coming up in December.  details will be announced fairly soon, i'm sure.

Datslocos Oregon North will be Hosting our meet in January.   This will be the 1 year Anniversary of our VERY FIRST Datslocos Oregon meet!   at the moment I am planning to hold the event at Wilsonville SONIC, just like we did the first meet [ I like the idea of it being a tradition! ].  this is almost 2 months away people,plenty of time to make arrangements so you all can attend.   I think the meet will be held on Saturday, that way more people can make it.  I will post more definite details, as soon as I get them.  if you can make it in your DATSUN, please do, but as always with our groups meets, we would rather have you show up in an "other" vehicle, than not show up at all !  if we can get someone, or several people, to bring a nice camera, & take some quality pictures, that can be posted both here, as well as possibly used elsewhere in print form that would be greatly appreciated!   Thank you ahead of time for that!   I hope to see YOU ALL there !

• Like 3
  • Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my take.......

I think you guys just thought this was gonna be bigger than it was.....it's not easy getting people together from all over....

...you saw the Datslocos crew and wanted a group like that....but what you don't see is that they all live fairly close to each other....

........an hour or less......

......they hold a meet every month....that takes me 3 hrs in traffic to get to if I have the time to make it......

So I started one for people that are a little closer.....I can't say I've had the same cars show up every time......

....4-5 regulars.....the rest come when they can...............someone new almost every time....then I don't see them again.....

.................it takes time and effort to keep them going......but you have to keep them going....and when people see that people are still holding them.....

.....they'll start to think why they aren't there.....

There's a dude lives 12 miles from me and hasn't made one yet.....I'm starting to take offense :lol:

....I keeeed....

No but really.....don't give up.....but don't get high expectations for something so new to the area......

If no one does it.....no one will show.....

Maybe do a get together at someones property...throw some beers in a cooler....BBQ??

.....or maybe this....vv

Maybe do local meets every other month for each region and have one or maybe two all regions unite type meets, it is Oregon (weather + distances + Shit that happens out of our control = low turnout)

Just a thought.

I plan on heading up during the holiday season sometime......make it happen!!

• Like 8

I totally get how it all works there actually some really good people in this area just non of them are Datsun peeps. We have just a few of people who come but no one is interested in joining any club which is fine I've been making Datsun meets for years that why I leave town to go to Canby and Datslocos shows. Maybe people will come around I hope...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes very well said Antony. No giving up. I thought about throwing in the towel a few times because we would only get like 2-4 cars sometimes to our monthly meet. But even if we just got one car it wouldn't be fair to that one person so I kept going with it. It is really hard to get everyone to show up. Just like Antony said I also know of about 8 Datsuns that live a mile away from our meet that only show up sometimes. And a couple that haven't showed yet. But I continue to hold them rain or shine. Just like we drive our cars till the wheels fall off lol. We get new people almost every time sometimes they will come in a skyline and sometimes in a kia but we welcome them all. What helps us is that we have our few but die hard regulars that always show. Well good luck brothers and keep at it.

• Like 7

I am definitely not giving up.  I have been trying to take into account that many of the people in my local area have Datsun's that are project vehicles, myself included.   I always tell people that it is better to show up in an " Other" make of car, that not to show up at all.  I am also kind of  going on the assumption that the winter weather will reduce the number of people that attend our events.  I am relieved to hear that when you guys started out in California, it wasn't often any larger attendance than we've been having up here in Oregon.  as for what I expected when I started out with my area, I didn't really have any big expectations.  I only planned on having fun with other Datsun people, which has been what has happened.  I will probably keep at this, even if the only regular that shows up is me, unless either you guys, or Denmark Boy ever pull the plug for some reason.  I don't see that happening , so we're good.

• Like 6

I know of 2-3 people down here in Eugene that are working on their projects. I will come to more once my truck is done! I don't trust the 500,000 mile z24 to go very far and my girlfriend always works Saturdays so I can't steal her car. I think it'd be easier as a word of mouth thing in this area at least, there's lots of Datsun folk but not many of them check Ratsun regularly.

• Like 3

We also have a facebook page, that we post event details, etc on fairly regularly.  as for upcoming meet info, we generally post that info in both places as soon as possible.  I know that there will be a meet in the Eugene area ,& that Denmark Boy will probably be posting about that here soon.  he doesn't do Facebook, so one of us will post the info there as soon as we get it.  January meet [ one year anniversary! ] meet info is already in the works, I just need to touch bases with Sonic then I will post about that some more,

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Where is the sonic meet at? I'm not sure if Al will be up for putting together meets, or even going to a meet for a while so I was going to talk to him about me setting up a meet in the Eugene area since it was supposed to be this month. If there's one in January maybe we could do one down here in February? That would give me time to spread the word to non Ratsun people and find a set place that's okay with us being there.

• Like 2

The Sonic Meet will be held at Wilsonville Sonic first,or possibly 2nd Saturday in January, depending on how many people seem up for attending after New years festivities! I will post more details fairly soon,but am holding off until details are settled about a December meet in the Eugene area. I Greatly appreciate any help you or anyone else can give putting that together for Al. I don't know the area,but I will try to help you plan,etc. I have been trying to decide if it was appropriate for me to set it up for Al,so I am thankful to you for doing so.

• Like 3

So, I am looking for your opinions on the schedule for the January Meet.  we originally said we would have meets the first Friday of every month, but soon found out that Saturdays are better for everyone to be able to attend.  the first Friday of January is New years day,& I suspect that many people will be out celebrating, then recouperating the next day.  I think we would be better off having the meet on January 9th [saturday} so more people will be able to attend.  what are your thoughts on that?  thanks! -Loren

• Like 1

Personally, I think Saturday meets would be helpfull. If I want to go to Bend for a meet, there is no way in hell I could make it in time on a Friday after work. Well, not without breaking a few laws along the way. It would just make it a lot easier to plan ahead for a Saturday trip

Side note; How about people bringing their extra Datto parts that they would like to part with. Start having a mini swap meet at the meetings. That is how Datslocos started out. It would give Datsun people an insentive to come too. 

• Like 5

Last night dream510 and I talked to a guy that works at Joe's trailers in Springfield (they build hotrods and a bunch of custom stuff), and he wants to start having little local meets a few times a month at the shop. It's right on the corner of Main and 28th so everyone would see us driving by and hopefully make more people want Datsun's! He's going to give me a call after he goes over it with his boss (the owner) but it would be a cool thing to do and since they'd be more often it'd be easier for people to make them.

Also I love that swap meet idea Jester, I'll be in need of parts soon!

• Like 4