Datsloco's Oregon ! , Monthly meetings

denmarkboy

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am mandatory at work on Saturdays until 4ish,which is one of the main reasons I haven't been able to attend the other areas meets, but I will keep trying to make it.

Here's the other main reason, (this is the right front wheel hub on my daily driven 510 Goon)20151028_121704.jpg

20151028_121656.jpg

You can imagine the noise,& the scary "Death Wobble" that front wheel had!

I swapped out the hub last week,thanks to Draynor, for bringing me a hub, & Shawn Drawdy for letting me use his shop, but the car still needs some work before it's safe to take it out of town.

Decent turn out forgot to take pics we had about 5 Datsuns show up and 2 240sx from some friends, only me Larry, and Ty stayed for awhile another guy would have made it but he broke down ended up helping him get back on the road after the meet till almost midnight.

I think I will just announce it now and say I will no longer be part of the Datslocos. Don't get me wrong all you guys I met were awesome and great outstanding people i just don't have the man power to keep Datsun meets going over here by myself. Medford is the worst place for anything car stuff no one is modivated at all to work together and help eachother out other than myself and a few people and non Datsun peeps. I see you guys in Portland and Cali do all those bad ass meets and are get great turn outs, fun runs, and help each other with there datsuns. We are missing that here in Southern Oregon sadly. Me, Larry and Ty where just talking about that last night and it just made me think how unfortunate this area is to have all these datsuns around but no modivation from the owners.

I hate to do this as well but I might be stepping out of the datsuns for awhile I'll be coming to the forums often but probably be going a different direction slowly getting rid of the good ol' dattos.

What! quitting?  Where did that come from. We didnt talk about THAT.  Don't give up on Datsuns......Just because us S. Oregon peeps are not motivated. The only way I'll give up owning a datsun is, IM Dead.  To me its seems like its always Medford VS Grants Pass. Nobody wants to drive to the other cities and meet up.  Its only 30 minutes away.

• Like 1

Not literally giving up on datsuns just the whole Datslocos thing but I've been wanting to go a different route other than just datsuns. I just can't devote the time get people into getting into a car club that's all

Exactly man I wish people were just a little more modivated to come out your basically the only one who comes from grants pass also any Datsun meet.

Exactly man I wish people were just a little more modivated to come out your basically the only one who comes from grants pass also any Datsun meet.

I dont care what group/clubs came up with the meet. I go because of the content... Datsuns

That was always my thing. I tried the Datslocos thing here didn't work, I'll continue to go to there shows if they have them in Cali they had great turn outs.

Well no shit, that's where it started. Heck, I don't make EVERY meet. I just make the ones I can. I actually planned on coming down. My other half made plans I didn't know about, in the other direction.  :devil:

Just let the slick end slide and the ruff end drag. It's all good man. Like Farmer said, Don't feel like you have to, just do it cause you love to. 

Hell, I'm trying to build a Datsun, a CJ5 and a vintage Goldwing. AT THE SAME TIME. 

• Like 2

Well no shit, that's where it started. Heck, I don't make EVERY meet. I just make the ones I can. I actually planned on coming down. My other half made plans I didn't know about, in the other direction.  :devil:

Just let the slick end slide and the ruff end drag. It's all good man. Like Farmer said, Don't feel like you have to, just do it cause you love to. 

Hell, I'm trying to build a Datsun, a CJ5 and a vintage Goldwing. AT THE SAME TIME.

I know how that is I've got 4 datsuns of my own hardly any time to work on 2 of them one that doesn't need much more to get going again. My problem is trying to buy more lol I'm out of room got a buddies 620 rolling shell he won't come get because he's moving into a new place. My work schedule doesn't help much planning ahead and I feel someone else can do way better than I could ever do. Always been me doing meets here after Skib left town went good for awhile then it died down.

• Like 1

Awe ,C'mon guys! 

I know it's kind of difficult finding the time,& making the effort to put on these events sometimes.   the last meet we had here had about the same size turnout as you had,   Most of my local group's Datsun's are in mid- project status, which has been keeping our numbers down, unfortunately.   I think that things will pick back up this spring.  until then, I intend to soldier on, keep arranging meets, keep trying to recruit more Datsun people, etc.   I'm sorry that more of my local  group [especially myself]  hasn't been able to make the drive over to the other area's events more this year.   again, I hope that will improve when everyone is up & going this spring.

I am hoping to encourage you to stick with this,& continue to keep this going. 

• Like 1

We have the worst area for people to be into Datsun clubs. Plenty of datsuns around here just not the crowd not even one. I'm the only one with Datslocos stickers on my car feels like I'm a one man car club.

I get it though I know it take time I just don't see it getting anywhere here in Medford.

• Like 1