82 DATSUN 720 DIZZY WIRING

82turbo720

Hey guys almost all finished up with my turbo datsun build and my old harness was all chewed up so i cut it open and started digging out all the old wire i didn't need an such for a cleaner overall appearance well now im stuck at the coil/dizzy wiring im going over the diagram and it looks as if i can take the red wire from the dizzy an go to coil a negative and blue to coil B negative the black/white wire to coil A 12v+ and the brown wire to coil B 12v+ I got this all from reading the wiring diagram online but it was kind of confusing if something looks wrong here please let me know i just dont want to fry anything!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I re-read my post and it looked a little confusing this is what i was trying to ask

*(Wires coming out of dizzy)*

RED: to coil A (negative

BLUE: To coil B (negative)

Black /w white stripe to harness side of black /w white stripe

*(Coming from wiring harness)*

Brown: to coil B (positive)

Black /w White stripe coil A (positive) 

Does this seem correct or am i missing something whats throwing me off is the condenser im seeing in the wiring diagram but i dont have a condenser.. This is the link to the wiring diagram im using. All help is greatly appreciated!  http://www.datsunforum.com/Datsun_Wiring_Diagrams/Datsun%20720%20Pickups/Datsun_720_Pickup_Wiring_Diagram_1982.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

What you said seems correct, the idea is to just make sure your points condenser and dizzy are polarized right, it's not fun with crap doesn't work because the circuit is incomplete, there should be a ground at each coil, with a positive inlet. , and that's connected to your condenser, that way when your points move the collapse of the magnetic feild up the secondary winding produces 20,000 volts .