280zx struts and brakes for front & rear??

ishnish

Do you have a link to the lowering blocks you used?

http://www.amazon.com/McGaughys-Lowering-Block-Truck-33123/dp/B00B0Z2R5U/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1417988806&sr=8-13&keywords=2%22+lowering+blocks

They are pretty generic though. Sometimes the U-bolts are too large a diameter though. Search for ones with the smallest diameter you can find. 

If you live near a Pep Boys, they keep these on the shelf. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never believe reviews by someone selling something. After all, are they going to post "they work like shit... want my money back"? I suppose they will work but not sure how well.

Well, I've used them on at least 5 cars with positive reviews each time. And I am selling nothing.   B)

I can say for sure they are, and look like a short cut. 

And I agree. 

But not all shortcuts are bad.   ^_^

Well thanks for the input guys. Regardless of the differing opinions on some subjects, what I did want to ask dasunfreak was that when you lowered your b210, did you have any vibrating of your car due to the angle of the driveshaft u-joints? Are yours angled 180° from each other?

Also, regarding shocks, flatcat, would the gas-a-justs be the best option? I'm also a member of another forum regarding a whole different platform and on there the koni shocks are supposed to be amazing and KYB's are terrible (oe replacements if not worse). Not sure if the same applies here.

what I did want to ask dasunfreak was that when you lowered your b210, did you have any vibrating of your car due to the angle of the driveshaft u-joints? 

Not even a little bit. A total drop of 1.5-2" isn't going to cause angularity issues like a 3-4" drop will.  

Now, if you u-joints are already on their last legs...   ^_^  

Konis are great shocks. But you'll be hard-pressed to find a pair for a Datsun.

If his car is the 2dr with a trunk, not a hatchback, Konis for an 82-92 Camaro are a bit easier to find.  :thumbup:

Thank you ratsungt for that pic. And thank you flatcat for the info.

Datsunfreak, that is good to know. My car is in fairly good condition I don't (shouldn't) have problems with the u joints.

Also, I have the same exact style datsun as yours. It's a 2 door sedan I believe. But a simple google search gave me this:

http://classicgarage.com/802139.html

Would these shocks not work for my car?

Absolutely. This can be done with good results, but it does not increase the spring rate.  Normal suspension travel is rather long and soft on a stock car so lowering it only, is like driving your car over manhole lids that look only 1/2" high but are really 2 to 2 1/2" (or more) higher. You really need to limit suspension travel on a lowered vehicle.  It will handle better also.

Removing leafs, using lowering blocks, experimenting with different added/removed leafs,,, guys just get the leafs rearked then add some good shocks.

Yeah, but this... 

Normal suspension travel is rather long and soft on a stock car so lowering it only, is like driving your car over manhole lids that look only 1/2" high but are really 2 to 2 1/2" (or more) higher. You really need to limit suspension travel on a lowered vehicle.  It will handle better also.

What Mike said. B210 rear springs (and fronts for that matter) are crazy soft. If you don't do something to stiffen them up, it will be a serious problem after you lower it. 

Especially if you plan to run a wider than stock tire.