Oil filter on a l20b

Scgreen620

I don't buy rebuilt anymore, I buy the new Centric brand, they are not rebuilt, and I have never had one fail yet.

I like rebiulding parts on my own. I get to learn what they look like inside and have the satisfaction of seeing it work again. Well I guess since I have a shop I have an advantage over most with presses mills lathes and stuff. But rebiulding master brakes, calipers, wiper motors, alternators, smog pumps, and starters died with the last generation. Except for me. I like doing things on my own.

I have always used boash filters. Nothing has happened yet.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Purolator's are real good too if you can't find the WIX

Here's a pretty definitive Oil Filter Info Site:

http://www.minimopar.net/oilfilters/reference.html

While old, that is a better picture than what was posted earlier than the biased comparison of Fram with Napa. I am going to stick with my Purolator. In that picture they look good enough to me! That picture showed me something I did not know, even the "high end" Fram has cardboard end caps, it actually looks exactly the same as the cheap Fram. What a rip off! And FYI, for those of you that buy parts at Autozone, as a former employee I can tell you the STP filters they like to push as well as the Autolite filters they offer in Commercial accounts are made by Fram as well.

I'm with the ones who like the Purolator or Motorcraft filters. I use both interchangeably, and I prefer the Motorcraft only because Wally World sells it. It's USA made, and it's a quality product. As a matter of fact, I like it over the WIX I ran a few times. You gotta watch WIX- I bought a WIX fuel filter for my 720 truck, and it was made in China. The part number was exactly the same as the last WIX fuel filter I had, but the inlets and outlets were smaller than the previous filter. Last WIX oil filter I bought was made in Mexico, FWIW. Nissan brand filters from the dealer for a 3.5 V6 are Made in China :(

Not sure why a Bosch filter would leak and another one wouldn't? Just turn that sucker as hard as you can with your hand and it should be tight enough not to leak?