9" wide wheels, without flares - stanced 510s

arabian_ryda

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm running 16 x 7 +15 offset, 205x40 in the front with 280ZX struts, and 16x8 +15 offset 225x 40 in the rear.  I had to roll the fenders front and rear.  I had to remove part of the inner fender in the rear. There is no motor in the car when I took these pictures. So, the front is setting higher at the time.

RecentDriverside.jpg
P6170636.jpg
P6170635.jpg
P6170627.jpg

My son's car with almost the same set up.  We had +19 in the rear with 225 x 40 series.  The +19 fit the rear with only rolling the fender lip. Here was his car, we sold it a few years ago.

PassSideView2.jpg
SideView.jpg
DriverSideView-Copy.jpg
FrontRim.jpg

• Like 2

Here is another picture of my rims originally posted above on the my silver car, when they were on my son's second 510.  I put them on for a show at the time.  I took them off just before he burned down the car, thank the lord!

The rear tires are not 225 x 40, they are 225 x 45, and taller profile, but still fit.  I now have 225 x 40 on them.  This picture gives you an idea on how much lip you get with the +15 offset.  I don't have to run spacers to keep the rim off the rear control arms. Any wider on the rim, and depending offset, you would have to modify the rear control arm or the wheel well.

P1010224.jpg

• Like 3

Not wanting to jack the thread, I kinda cover his burn down on the threads below. Thread covers some history of our family 510's and my current build.  Enjoy

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/35017-dads-1969-datsun-510-build/

Or here

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/35014-father-and-son-build-story/

Who cares op hasn't been here in a while it's ok to get a lil off track until her returns  :rofl:...

EDIT: Damn dude that's rough, now I know the story behind the photo Iv'e seen yrs ago. Buying an extinguisher tommorow

I just got the wheels in the mail. they look bad ass. I wont be able to test fit until the spring time however. got too much shit in the garage and no heat plus bmw sleeping in there too. so ill keep you guys posted once I have them fitted. im gonna super stretch some tires in the rear and get some heavy springs and see if we can make it work. if not plan b will come into affect lol.

newrims_zps3f60e3f8.jpg

Who cares op hasn't been here in a while it's ok to get a lil off track until her returns  :rofl:...

Probably a case of buyer's remorse. 50% "Damn, I should have researched this more"/50% "I should have listened"/50%"This isn't going to fly"

Sell rims and get narrower ones that will bolt right on. "Rims should fit the car, not car made to fit the rims. If modifying the body... get honderp.

• Like 1

His buddies following him in another car didn't have an extinguisher either.  They all do now after being witness to the "Hot Dog Roast".

His biggest mistake was not listening to Dad, just dismissed my warning as an OCD Dad rant. LOL  He ate crow that day!

Got me an extingusher now, hopefully I won't have to use it

Probably a case of buyer's remorse. 50% "Damn, I should have researched this more"/50% "I should have listened"/50%"This isn't going to fly"

Sell rims and get narrower ones that will bolt right on. "Rims should fit the car, not car made to fit the rims. If modifying the body... get honderp.

Mike I love you man but your advice sometimes is i don't know what, You like stock i like custom there its done,if this guy wants to modify to fit them like I might do then so be it. And I know he will hack it up never finish it and it goes in the junk yard. Thats not always the case.

• Like 1

We should always follow our preferences. A well thought out rim and tire choice will never send the car to the scrap pile and when you are done with it someone else can still enjoy it. Custom is an owner's right to express themselves.... but at the expense and risk of the vehicle. I don't care much for that and people have terrible taste.. Get a fucked up hair cut and color, wear XXX size pants with ass crack out, put ball cap and head on backwards, and say 'Yo and 'nomsayin'. This can be fixed, but leave your body alone.  

Here is another picture of my rims originally posted above on the my silver car, when they were on my son's second 510.  I put them on for a show at the time.  I took them off just before he burned down the car, thank the lord!

The rear tires are not 225 x 40, they are 225 x 45, and taller profile, but still fit.  I now have 225 x 40 on them.  This picture gives you an idea on how much lip you get with the +15 offset.  I don't have to run spacers to keep the rim off the rear control arms. Any wider on the rim, and depending offset, you would have to modify the rear control arm or the wheel well.

P1010224.jpg

WOW :thumbup: ! Very nice, I wish I could find a set in that offset in the rear! I'm running 16X8 +26 on my 4 door with just a small spacer.

FrontRim.jpg

My son had the 16x7 +25 with Maxima front struts assemblies, pictured above.  The rim hit on the steering linkage with the 280ZX struts set up.  All of the set ups I had with my rims are without spacers!  I hate having them on a car, they make me nervous on safety issues. We had the 16x8 +19 offset, 225x40 on the rear of his car and they fit perfect.  With the 16x8 +15, I did have to do a small amount of inner fender modifications to get the tires to not rub when hitting bumps on my rear set up.  You can get away with the 16x8 +15, with some chamber and right tire and not get much rub, if at all.  I just made sure of no tire rub no matter what alignment or tire brand.  In the car above with my rims, my son drove it to JCCS with only slight rub on bumps.  We didn't care because the tires are a 45 series and I'm wasn't going to use them, they just came with them on when purchased.

SSS510, you see I have the center caps for them? :w00t:

• Like 1