9" wide wheels, without flares - stanced 510s

arabian_ryda

im in the process of doing a 16x8 front and 16x9 rear, 0 offset setup on my 1970 510 sedan. I have all my fenders rolled and rears are lightly pulled. ive been having trouble finding photos and information on a setup like this even finding a set of wheels with these specs is very hard. either its impossible or no one has done it as of yet.

anyone have a setup like this or similar? stanced out datsuns shouldn't be a dime a dozen lol. lets see what setups yall running for that phat look.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16's are a bit big in the 510 world, ideal size is 14-15 and some folks even like 13's. There are a few people who have gotten x9 in the rear without flares but it's a select few and no two people have done it the same. I wish I could help more but that's as much as I can generally touch on this subject, someone else will come in with more info... btw let us see some pics of this said datsun, we like pics around here lol

• Like 1

You're going to need a little more than a fender roll and pull. Can you fit a 16x9? Absolutely. It'll require some fabrication, but it can be done.

Here's a friends project. Rear wheel specs are is 18X8.5 +37 offset with 245/35-18. Flares? No. Fab? Yes.

B08D07AF-4F09-4402-A86F-10E5E81A75FF_zps

83CCA882-BE72-474B-9C84-11B204F2D299_zps

FB0B2E1A-75A7-44CA-9895-F837F9EB9DF9_zps

22D750DD-72DA-4094-83C4-AA477659858B_zps

16's are a bit big in the 510 world

What are you trying to say?
  • Like 4

just ordered these bad boys.

16x8 front

16x9 rears

xxr9_zps93f8f2b7.jpg

Form follows function, not the other way round.

Stance, hellaflush, tuck and poke do not exist in my world.

Here's another tip.... Make the rims fit the car NOT the car fit the rims.

• Like 5

You're going to need a little more than a fender roll and pull. Can you fit a 16x9? Absolutely. It'll require some fabrication, but it can be done.

Here's a friends project. Rear wheel specs are is 18X8.5 +37 offset with 245/35-18. Flares? No. Fab? Yes.B08D07AF-4F09-4402-A86F-10E5E81A75FF_zps83CCA882-BE72-474B-9C84-11B204F2D299_zpsFB0B2E1A-75A7-44CA-9895-F837F9EB9DF9_zps22D750DD-72DA-4094-83C4-AA477659858B_zpsWhat are you trying to say?

Your friends car looks good :) anything bigger than 15s is considered "big" or "too big" to people.

Make the rims fit the car NOT the car fit the rims.

I agree to an extent. Making precise modifications and 'doing it right' to make the wheels fit is one thing. Hacking the fenders with a sawzall and beating them with a hammer and using self tapping screws to fix the shitty bolt on flares that weren't made for the car, isn't ok. Red car above looks factory to the average person.
  • Like 1

Indy had 16x9 +15 on the rear of Ruby. He notched his control arms, and lots of camber. No flares, and on a 4dr.

I had to hammer the 'bump' inside the fender lip ... you can see threads where people cut out that bump (like Just Joel's red wagon thread)

that bump is the door jam ... I had a really hard time fitting 16x9 +15, with stretched tires, heavily rolled fenders, notched control arms, and stock camber

14308115073_098e5ed671_c.jpg

14101379027_ba8b13ca9b_c.jpg

• Like 5

I had to hammer the 'bump' inside the fender lip ... you can see threads where people cut out that bump (like Just Joel's red wagon thread)

that bump is the door jam ... I had a really hard time fitting 16x9 +15, with stretched tires, heavily rolled fenders, notched control arms, and stock camber

i have that inner bump smoothed out already. did it when we originally did the body work back in 2005. now i want to ask did you have a problem with the lip of the rim hitting the inside lip of the fender or did you have problems with the rim hitting the inner tub of the door jam.? if i can clear my fender lip im all good.

i have that inner bump smoothed out already. did it when we originally did the body work back in 2005. now i want to ask did you have a problem with the lip of the rim hitting the inside lip of the fender or did you have problems with the rim hitting the inner tub of the door jam.? if i can clear my fender lip im all good.

It's an inch smaller than you want to run but I know a guy runing 15x8.5 front and 15x9.5 rear but it's 2dr that's as good as it gets before you have to do all kinds of crazy hacking to your dime

It's going to be a really tight fit, if it fits at all. The rim lip was hitting the hammered 'bump', and the 225/40 tires were almost hitting the fender lip

a 16x9 +10 'might' fit .. I couldn't drive on the 16x9 +15, because the rim lip hit the inner shock towers/wheel wells, and the control arms too .. a 10" wide rim would be impossible without flares (due to the rear shock towers and wheel wells)

I just got the wheels in the mail. they look bad ass. I wont be able to test fit until the spring time however. got too much shit in the garage and no heat plus bmw sleeping in there too. so ill keep you guys posted once I have them fitted. im gonna super stretch some tires in the rear and get some heavy springs and see if we can make it work. if not plan b will come into affect lol.

newrims_zps3f60e3f8.jpg